An effective curriculum vitae should capture the attention of the reader and explain why you are the ideal candidate for the position. Writing a CV can be daunting. After all, it will decide whether you get an interview, but by reviewing the commercial manager CV example, you will gain an understanding of what managers are seeking. Closely examine the format and take note of the details included in the CV. If you want to write an exceptional document of your own, let the following example and accompanying tips serve as a resource.
Build My CV
4229 Cranston Ave, Brookline, MA 11111
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 555-555-5555
Experienced and knowledgeable professional with extensive experience in the commercial management industry. Effective communicator with the ability to foster close relationships with workers and promote team unity. Capable of coordinating both large and small tasks, and ensuring that each team member contributes. Vast understanding of the financial, organizational, and operational aspects of supervising others in the retail industry. Fully committed to helping employees succeed while honoring the overall vision of the company.
- – Use interactive and engaging communication style to train employees and direct monthly meetings. – Strong enthusiasm for maintaining an efficient and clean work environment that allows employees to meet their greatest potential. – Encourage personal growth among employees and always strive to boost work morale. – Skilled leader with a proven history of effective managerial and supervisory skills. – Ability to remain organized and calm during high stress periods such as holidays and short-staffed days. – Actively promote diversity and aim to create an environment where all employees’ skills and abilities are honored.
- Oversee diverse team of retail workers and ensure that daily goals set by company headquarters are met or exceeded.
- Ensure day-to-day functions are fulfilled by team members; use checklist provided by company to review work.
- Contribute to high levels of customer satisfaction by regulating return and exchange center.
- Help strengthen team and organization by recruiting and hiring qualified employees.
- Increased sales by nearly $12,000 by issuing surveys to customers and interpreting results.
- Ensured financial cohesiveness throughout company departments; oversaw the balancing of registers and interpretation of financial statements.
- Created efficient and unified team by solving minor disputes between team members and creating schedules.
- Maintained efficient workflow by supervising small team of employees in a retail setting.
- Assumed managerial duties on a variety of occasions and helped evaluate employee performance.
- Decreased store turnover by 18 percent over a period of three months by implementing corporate employee satisfaction standards and regulations.
Over the last decade, I have developed a strong interest in technology, web design, and other devices. I also enjoy the intellectual challenge of chess, and I have even won three local competitions. Volunteering is very important to me, and a few days each month, I participate in a community program that encourages recycling and sustainable living. I enjoy spending time outdoors and with my pets (I have two dogs, an iguana, and a parrot) in my spare time.
Build My CV
Commercial Manager CV Must-Haves
What Does a Commercial Manager Do?
Writing a strong commercial manager CV is easy if you understand the basic functions of the job. As a manager, you are responsible for overseeing others, so your CV should showcase your communication, organizational, and customer services skills. Since commercial managers work in retail environments, you should explain how your overseeing of employees contributes to the overall company vision. Managers also interact with customers, perform basic employee duties, ensure that company policies and regulations are adhered to, and mediate conflicts between workers. A manager must also have the ability to perform job interviews and recruit high-quality talent for the company. Let this commercial manager CV example serve as a general outline for your own.
Tips for Creating a Great Commercial Manager CV
When writing your CV, try to keep some of the following tips in mind:
– Place a high degree of emphasis on your organizational and communication skills. Since managing requires strong social skills, these traits are important.
– Use active and engaging language throughout, and be sure to discuss the results of your actions.
– Review your CV and correct any misspelled words or grammatical errors before submitting it to a hiring manager.
– Only include previous jobs that are relevant to the one you are applying to. For example, if you are applying for a job as a lawyer, avoid including information about your three-year stint at a coffee shop.
– Do not include information regarding termination or gaps in employment. If a hiring manager wants this type of information, he or she will ask for it during the interview.
– Write a strong opening statement that includes a balanced combination of hard and soft skills.
– Employers want to hire workers with current experience, so do not list jobs that are more than a decade old on your CV.