Store Administrative Assistant Cover Letter Example + Tips
Combining the stability of an office position and the fast pace of a retail job, store administrative assistants help keep stores across the nation running efficiently. A store administrative assistant cover letter that demonstrates your stellar clerical skills and ability to work in a constantly changing environment is the key to scoring one of these positions.
1 Main Street
New Cityland, CA 91010
Cell: (555) 322-7337
Dear Mr. Ross,
I write in response to your ad seeking an Store Administrative Assistant at JP Ross Furniture. As a highly competent Store Administrative Assistant, I would bring a motivated, efficient, and organized personality to this role.
In my current position, I maintain an exceedingly functional back office environment while supporting business and sales staff at Quincy Furniture. I have a knack for problem solving and work well independently and with little oversight. I respond to requests from colleagues and clients in a timely manner and am adept at prioritizing multiple ongoing projects.
Additionally, I have expertise in:
Working in furniture industry, giving me advanced knowledge of supporting this particular sales area.
Overseeing invoicing, billing, and payment processing.
Scheduling travel and maintaining client and staff meetings.
Managing special projects such as office renovations while ensuring minimal business impact.
I am a self-starter and excel at customer support, business correspondence, and retail sales. I am also deeply familiar with Microsoft Office software and adapt quickly to new programs. As a part of the team at JP Ross Furniture, I hope to provide first-rate administrative support for your business goals.
My resume and references are attached for review. I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience so we can discuss the position and your needs in detail.
Thank you for your time and kind consideration.
Job Description & Responsibilities
A store administrative assistant supports the store manager and other members of the management team, from operations and human resource managers to department and loss prevention leaders. If you are working for a national store, you can expect to:
- Handle correspondence from corporate offices
- Distribute store communications
- Assist with scheduling and new-hire paperwork
- Handle attendance records and payroll
- Act as a liaison between floor staff and management
- Answer phones
In some stores, you may even participate in budget meetings, training sessions, and customer assistance. Showcasing your experience with any of these functions can make your store administrative assistant cover letter more noticeable.
Most stores are looking for administrative assistants with a high school education and some clerical experience or training. Strong communication skills, an ability to maintain confidentiality, knowledge of basic office software, experience in human resources or retail, and the capability to quickly learn customized store programs are key skills. If you have other specialized skills such as cash-handling or cash register experience or additional education at a community college or technical school, be sure to include them in your store administrative assistant cover letter.
Store Administrative Assistant Salary Range
Salaries for store administrative assistants vary greatly from the type and size of the store to your level of experience. In general, administrative assistants earn a median hourly wage of 16.99 dollars an hour, or about 35,339 dollars a year. Retail administrative assistant salaries sometimes start on the lower end of the scale, at about 10 dollars to 12 dollars an hour. Store discounts, access to special promotions, health insurance, and retirement plans are just a few of the extra benefits you can expect. To score the positions with the best salaries and benefits, check out our sample store administrative assistant cover letter below.
More Resume Examples for the Next Step in Your Administrative Career
- Accounts Administrator Resume
- Administrative Assistant Resume
- Assistant Front Office Manager Resume
- Administrative Assistant Manager Resume
- Auto Title Clerk Resume
- Bilingual Receptionist Resume
- City Clerk Resume
- Administrative Coordinator Resume
- Data Entry Clerk Resume
- Document Controller Resume
- Document Specialist Resume
- Excel Professional Resume
- Executive Assistant Resume
- Facilities Manager Resume
- Administrative Front Desk Clerk Resume
- Front Office Assistant Resume
- Gym Receptionist Resume
- Medical Billing And Coding Specialist Resume
- Medical Billing Professional Resume
- Medical Office Assistant Resume
- Medical Receptionist Resume
- Non Profit Administrative Assistant Resume
- Office Assistant Resume
- Office Manager Resume
- Administrative Officer Resume
- Personal Assistant Resume
- Procurement Analyst Resume
- Procurement Specialist Resume
- Receptionist Resume
- Secretary Resume
- Store Assistant Resume
More Cover letter Examples for the Next Step in Your Administrative Career
- Administrative Assistant Cover Letter
- Clerical Assistant Cover Letter
- Data Entry Clerk Cover Letter
- Data Entry Specialist Cover Letter
- Executive Assistant Cover Letter
- Office Administrator Cover Letter
- Office Assistant Cover Letter
- Office Clerk Cover Letter
- Office Manager Cover Letter
- Personal Assistant Cover Letter
- Practice Manager Cover Letter
- President Cover Letter
- Receptionist Cover Letter