Build Your CV
113 Circle Drive, Atlanta, GA 11111
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 555-870-1299
Innovative tech mind with 15 years of experience working as a computer programmer. Capable of working with a variety of technology and software solutions, and managing databases. Valuable team member who has experience diagnosing problems and developing solutions. Extensive expertise in networking systems and working with mainframe computers. Talented leader with unique ideas and a history of successful contributions in the field.
- Solve software errors by running extensive testing processes and analyzing details about the program settings.
- Review computer software program functionality and adjust capabilities to reflect project objectives, management input, or other feedback.
- Lead the building process of new program development by managing all tasks and supervising the team of analysts and operators.
- Revised programming and software development projects by updating code and working to improve functionality.
- Constructed workflow documents before beginning a new project in order to map out program design and ideas visually.
- Lowered a software package’s error and bug rate by 87% with a new series of updates and programming revisions.
- Analyzed systems administration tools and programming input to help improve the software design of a product.
- Documented each new update and revision of any type of software project by using comments in the instructions area of the code.
- Improved the efficiency of an e-commerce suite of enterprise software by more than 60% with revisions and workflow changes.
After my work day ends each day, I work on hobbies that are based on computers and technology. I am a volunteer at a local community technology venture that aims to bring high-tech devices to low-income neighborhoods. I work with local vendors to get technology donations onto a portable technology bus that visits various parts of the city several times a week. On the bus, I assist young people and the elderly with getting connected.
Build Your CV
Programmer CV Must-Haves
What Does a Programmer Do?
A computer programmer works mostly with computer software design and development. Generally, programmers spend most of their working time writing and revising computer programming code for software programs and digital tools. They may consult with project managers and computer software developers before designing a plan of action. With their team, they may discuss potential software goals for each project and map out a visual blueprint of the possibilities before starting on the code. Then, computer programmers spend much of their time tackling the coding process. In the programmer CV example, there are also many opportunities for programmers to work on revisions for improving projects later down the timeline. Additionally, programmers work hard to fix errors and bugs as they pop up during the process.
Tips for Creating a Great Programmer CV
This in-demand job can be yours if you follow all of the best practices for writing an effective CV. Here are some additional ways your CV can be more effective in this industry:
– Provide as much detail as possible about your experience with common programming language and technology tools.
– Showcase your career achievements and highlight your leadership abilities by including times you led a programming team or project.
– Discuss your ability to stay focused and solve difficult problems.
– List your professional experience from the past 10 years or so in reverse chronological order, and include your most relevant job duties that you completed each day.
– Give evidence of your qualifications by detailing any certification information that shows you have met the licensure requirements (if required).
– Avoid font sizes smaller than 10-pt.