Table of Contents
Featured resume example: dishwasher
Name: FRANCINE CASTEEL
Address: City, State, Zip Code
Quick and efficient Dishwasher bringing over eight years’ of experience in fast-paced kitchen environments. Proficient in operating and cleaning equipment, using chemicals and maintaining clean, organized dishes. Focused on maintaining strict controls to protect customers.
- Oversaw incoming dinnerware deliveries, including unboxing supplies, shelving stock and rotating items.
- Loaded more than 500 glasses, silverware and dishes into dishwasher each shift, running average of 5 loads per shift.
- Effectively scrubbed and scoured pots and pans using specific cleaning products to remove burnt-on food.
- Scraped, washed and efficiently restacked dishware, utensils and glassware to keep kitchen ready for customer demands.
- Completed extra cleaning work on garbage cans, racks, dry storage areas and other fixtures to keep kitchen spotless.
- Stepped into additional roles during busy times to boost coverage of important stations.
- Increased machine efficiency by scraping and pre-washing dishes.
- Washed equipment, surfaces, refrigerators and other areas and applied sanitizing chemicals.
- Gently moved glassware, crystal and other delicate items to prevent breakage.
- Cleaning and sanitizing
- Chemical use
- Restocking skills
- Dishwasher operation
- Strong communication skills
- Dining area cleanliness
- Safety and compliance
- High-volume dish washing
Top 4 characteristics of a best-in-class dishwasher resume
- Summary A summary statement should convey your work experience, accomplishments and skill sets in a few sentences. For example: “Dishwasher dedicated to maintaining full stocks of clean dishes and utensils to meet expected customer needs.”
- Skills While practical skills such as cleaning duties, knowledge of inventory and hygiene standards are essential for a dishwasher, soft skills are also important. Be sure to include attributes such as stamina, time management and being a team player.
- Work History Display accomplishments from previous jobs that showcase your ability to be efficient, organized and productive. For example, while a summer secretary position may seem to have little connection with dishwashing work, you can draw parallels between that work and dishwashing work. For instance: “Served as secretary as part of a 10-member team, maintaining office organization and cleanliness.”
- Education Include your top academic credential (high school diploma, GED or degree) along with any additional training you’ve had that relates to kitchen work (e.g., participating in a cooking training program).
See Why My Perfect Resume is a 5-Star Resume Builder
Find the right template for your resume
To create a resume that looks professional and highlights important details, use these three employer-ready layouts.
This resume layout is divided into shaded quadrants to strategically organize information, giving extra prominence to the summary.
This template uses a strong header to highlight the applicant’s name and contact information. Clean lines and section headings make it easy for the employer to navigate.
What Makes Our Resume Builder Great?
1. Professional, Customizable Templates
Stand out with MyPerfectResume’s eye-catching templates! Building a noteworthy resume has never been easier or faster.
2. Expertly Crafted Phrases
Don’t get stuck writing about your work experience. Create an impressive resume with our pre-written, industry-specific bullet points!
3. Popular Format Downloads
Need your resume in PDF, word, or an image file? You’re in control with multiple export and download options.
4. Optimize Your Resume
With resume score and resume check, we’ll rate the strength of your resume and guide you through actionable steps to make a resume that showcases your best professional self!
5. Customize Your Resume to The Job
Copy and paste a job description from any listing and get a job-specific resume match score. We’ll guide you through tailoring your resume for the job!
6. Up Your Application Game
With Smart Apply, we’ll help you find an opportunity, customize your resume, create a matching cover letter, and download your documents. We’ll even send you to the web page where you can apply!
Dishwasher resume FAQ
1. What are the skills that a dishwasher must-have?
The following practical and soft skills should be mentioned in your resume:
|Practical skills:||Soft skills:|
|Cleaning according to industry standards and norms||Performing well in stressful situations|
|Kitchen clean-up and sanitation||Team player|
|Performing kitchen duties, as needed and directed||Time management|
|Keeping utensils and cooking equipment clean||Strong work ethic|
|Ability to follow directions|
|Cleaning according to industry standards and norms|
|Kitchen clean-up and sanitation|
|Performing kitchen duties, as needed and directed|
|Keeping utensils and cooking equipment clean|
|Performing well in stressful situations|
|Strong work ethic|
|Ability to follow directions|
|Flexibility to work a variety of shifts|
2. How should a resume be structured?
As a dishwasher position depends more on having the right skills than extensive work experience, go with a functional resume format, which focuses on showing off a complete range of practical and soft skills, while still leaving room to display any jobs or activities you’ve had that tie in with kitchen work.
For more information about how to format your resume, visit our resume format page.
3. How should you craft your resume if you are looking to take the next step in your career?
To work your way up as a kitchen staff member, look to get more experience and expertise in these areas:
- Opportunities to assist cooks and chefs while working in the kitchen
- Contribute to restaurant menu and food planning, and assisting with dining services
- More training and/or certifications in cooking skills
4. How should I structure my resume if I’m applying for a job for the first time?
Focus on your skills and training instead of your work history. You can also substitute volunteer work and other extracurricular activities for work experience, as long as they apply to dishwasher work. For example, you can mention volunteering as a server for community events. Above all, stress your ability to learn quickly, and your willingness to pick up new training in your summary.
5. How can keywords be incorporated in my resume?
Take the time to go through the job description and pick out important phrases and words used to describe job requirements (e.g., proficiency with electronic kitchen equipment, or being well-versed with food industry standards). These are the keywords that should be used in your resume, whether it’s in your summary (e.g. “Hardworking dishwasher with experience in electronic kitchen equipment”), skills (e.g., “proficient with food standards”) or experience (e.g., “Maintained electronic kitchen equipment for restaurant serving 300+ diners per day”) sections.