Phlebotomist Cover Letter Example + Tips
A cover letter is the key to getting the attention of the hiring manager and having your resume looked at. Cover letters are used as an introduction to the hiring manager and to show your interest in the job posting. In the health industry, there are key factors to include when writing your cover letter that help you move on in the hiring process. A well-written cover letter should help explain why you are the best person for the job. Using a free phlebotomist cover letter sample can help you figure out how to write this important document.
Dear Mr. Thatcher,
For most of my life, I have demonstrated a strong interest in the healthcare industry. I have always also been interested in helping others, and the phlebotomist job opening for your company is the right fit for me. I am interested in joining your healthcare team to help elevate the quality of services to patients getting blood drawn.
The job posting stated that experience was necessary, and I have five years of experience as a phlebotomist. I have worked in a doctor’s office and a hospital with a high volume of patients. In each of my former jobs, I have made it a priority to make patients feel comfort during procedures. I have experience with young infants, as well as the elderly.
I also have an excellent record of maintaining accurate specimens and records. My workspace was always pristine, even at the busiest times of the day. Additionally, I have always strived to follow all regulations and recommendations in order to keep myself and others protected from possible pathogens.
I believe that I would be a great addition to your company. Thank you for reviewing my resume and considering me for this role. I am prepared to tell you more about my experience when we meet for an interview.
What to Include in a Phlebotomist Cover Letter
If you want your resume to get noticed, you need a solid cover letter. Make sure to make a compelling case as to why you should be hired for the position. Explain using your skills and experiences. Look at the free phlebotomist cover letter sample to get some more ideas.
Industry Specifics to Include
When you’re trying to secure a job in healthcare, you need to show off your knowledge and commitment to quality patient care. Use the free phlebotomist cover letter sample for some suggestions. Here are the top traits that a hiring manager may be looking for:
● Attention to detail: Since phlebotomists work with patient records and samples, it’s important to mention your ability to be accurate.
● Commitment to safety: Working with bodily fluids requires specific precautions to ensure patient and worker safety from bloodborne diseases.
● Communication skills: It’s important to be able to make a patient, no matter how old, feel at ease during blood draws or other tests.
● Calm attitude: Phlebotomists must remain calm and relaxed in the sometimes stressful environment of taking blood samples.
More Resume Examples for the Next Step in Your Healthcare Support Career
- Healthcare System Administrator Resume
- Assisted Living Coordinator Resume
- Assisted Living Executive Director Resume
- Companion Caregiver Resume
- Direct Support Professional Resume
- Home Health Aide Resume
- Medical Assistant Resume
- Occupational Therapist Resume
- Healthcare Operations Manager Resume
- Patient Coordinator Resume
- Personal Care Assistant Resume
- Personal Support Worker Resume
- Phlebotomist Resume
- Healthcare Program Manager Resume
More Cover letter Examples for the Next Step in Your Healthcare Support Career
- Caregivers Companions Cover Letter
- Home Health Aide Cover Letter
- Homemaker Cover Letter
- Medical Biller Cover Letter
- Medical Receptionist Cover Letter
- Occupational Therapist Cover Letter
- PCA Cover Letter
- Patient Care Tech Cover Letter
- Patient Service Representative Cover Letter
- Personal Care Aide Cover Letter
- Personal Care Assistant Cover Letter
- Personal Support Worker Cover Letter