Medical Biller Cover Letter Example + Tips
You only get one chance to make a first impression. When it comes to job hunting, making that crucial first impression is the task of your cover letter. Investing the time and effort to produce a strong cover letter is essential to success. The following free medical biller cover letter sample provides a helpful example that can be a great starting point for creating your own letter.
Dear Mr. Smith,
As a skilled medical biller with extensive hospital experience, I am ready to bring my qualifications to work for your hospital. I pride myself on contributing to the provision of quality healthcare by working to obtain payments and reimbursements in a timely manner.
I have worked as a medical biller in hospital settings for over 20 years. Thus, I am deeply familiar with medical billing processes, including coding. In my current position, I have had the opportunity to master the changes introduced by the Affordable Care Act. By ensuring that claims are submitted promptly and correctly, I facilitate the payment of reimbursements while cutting down on delays and claim refusals.
In addition to being highly organized, I work well with others. My duties have included speaking with insurance company representatives about potentially problematic claims and working out solutions with providers, insurers, and patients. I also work with patients to create payment plans for the portions of their bills that are not covered by insurance.
I appreciate the time you took to review my application. I hope I soon have the opportunity to tell you more about what I can do for your hospital.
What to Include in a Medical Biller Cover Letter
As you have noted from the free medical biller cover letter sample, a strong cover letter emphasizes skills that are relevant to the position you are applying for. Medical billers work in a variety of settings, so be sure to highlight the factors that make you a good fit for this particular job. Opening with a strong statement of your abilities shows confidence and grabs the reader’s interest.
Industry Specific Skills to Include
Employers who want to hire a medical biller generally look for specific types of skills. For example, the free medical biller cover letter sample here showcases several qualities that are sought after in this field.
● Detail-oriented: Medical billers fill out a vast quantity of claim forms daily, using highly specific codes. Any error on such a form can mean a refused claim, so billers must pay close attention.
● Communications and negotiation: In addition to submitting claims, billers are often called upon to negotiate with insurance representatives or with patients to obtain payment.
● Works well under pressure: Medical billers may face large volumes of work against tight deadlines.
● Motivated: It is important for billers to understand the crucial part they play in the healthcare provider’s ability to operate.
More Resume Examples for the Next Step in Your Healthcare Support Career
- Healthcare System Administrator Resume
- Assisted Living Coordinator Resume
- Assisted Living Executive Director Resume
- Companion Caregiver Resume
- Direct Support Professional Resume
- Home Health Aide Resume
- Medical Assistant Resume
- Occupational Therapist Resume
- Healthcare Operations Manager Resume
- Patient Coordinator Resume
- Personal Care Assistant Resume
- Personal Support Worker Resume
- Phlebotomist Resume
- Healthcare Program Manager Resume
More Cover letter Examples for the Next Step in Your Healthcare Support Career
- Caregivers Companions Cover Letter
- Home Health Aide Cover Letter
- Homemaker Cover Letter
- Medical Receptionist Cover Letter
- Occupational Therapist Cover Letter
- PCA Cover Letter
- Patient Care Tech Cover Letter
- Patient Service Representative Cover Letter
- Personal Care Aide Cover Letter
- Personal Care Assistant Cover Letter
- Personal Support Worker Cover Letter
- Phlebotomist Cover Letter