123 Fake Street, City, State, Zip Code
E: email@example.com P: 000-000-0000
Experienced film director with over 10 years of experience directing short films, many of which have gone on to earn accolades at various film festivals. Keen eye for detail and willing to put in extra hours of work to ensure a movie gets the attention it deserves. Excel at professional camera movement, frame composition, and sound design. Additional expertise in lighting, set design, and script work.
- Active listening skills to give everyone from the actors to the PAs the attention they deserve
- Excellent communication skills and ability to convey complex ideas effectively
- Time management prowess to ensure shots are completed in a timely fashion
- Monitoring abilities to keep an eye on everything going on during the shoot
- Knowledge of persuasion to convince people to go along with ideas they may not have agreed with at first
- Problem solving skills to resolve conflicts between different individuals on set
- In-depth understanding of graphics and video editing software
- Oversee post production processes of the network’s one-hour-long primetime shows.
- Compile program notes and scripts of over 10 different shows.
- Review films daily to see how each one is progressing and what needs to be done in the weeks going forward.
- Work with upper management to develop budgets for each set of programming.
- Contact California’s film commission program regularly to see what tax credits are available to the network.
- Organized raw footage and had it readily accessible to the film’s producers and director.
- Held meetings with directors to inform them of what shots still needed to be acquired and how the project was progressing.
- Developed soundtracks for the film by reaching out to musicians and composers.
- Edited 4 feature-length films and 12 short films, including the feature film Selfish Desires, which premiered at Sundance.
- Inserted film reels into the proper mechanisms to ensure film played as needed.
- Monitored equipment over the course of the film to ensure sound and video was always excellent.
- Inspected movie reels upon receipt to ensure reels were in good quality.
- Spliced different film reels together to fix a damaged reel or to create something entirely unique.
- Performed routine maintenance on xenon bulbs and electrical outlets.
While films are my life, I also enjoy curling up with a great book on the weekends. I can frequently be found at the North Hollywood library, diving into the latest John Grisham novel or perusing through books about the art of filmmaking.