Most jobseekers are aware of how important a high-quality CV is to get hired for a job with a good company. In the finance and accounting industry, this is no different. Those who want to work as financial advisors must prove their worth to a hiring manager by putting together an attention-getting job application file. In the space below, you can see how to do this by looking at a finance CV example that maps out the essential sections and recommended wording for this type of industry.Build My CV
640 Washington Street, Severna Park, MD 11111
E: email@example.com P: 555-720-8849
Strategic and knowledgeable financial advisor with more than 13 years of experience in the industry. Proven background in bringing in top clients and high levels of new business throughout career. Expert understanding of asset strategies, investment techniques, market analysis, and diverse portfolio management. Focus on building relationships with clients and forging partnerships with community businesses. Stellar communication and time-management skills with an unending passion and drive for reaching business and financial goals.
- Outstanding computer skills with proficiencies in top finance and accounting software programs like Fund, Sage 50, Excel, Dynamics, and Hyperion.
- Highly developed writing and communication skills, giving my clients a confident and clear method of understanding their account details and progress.
- Strong devotion to delivering incredible customer service to all my clients and maintaining a strong relationship with each individual.
- Exceptional sales and marketing knowledge and a highly persuasive personality, which helps me recommend the best products and services to customers.
- Demonstrate an enthusiasm for the financial industry and driven by an unending work ethic that pushes me to reach the loftiest goals each year.
- Develop strategies for investment and wealth management for individual clients depending on income level, long-term goals, market conditions, and other factors.
- Review daily market conditions in the investment market, including stocks, bonds, mutual funds, securities, and other client interests.
- Recruit new client activity and interest each week by attending local area networking events, leading to a 17 percent increase in new customer base.
- Assisted clients by steering them toward the right financial investment products for their specific situation and objectives for the future.
- Collaborated with high-worth clients and their team of advisors to discuss best methods of asset management.
- Increased revenue for investment firm by bringing in $4 million in new business during a calendar year.
- Created quarterly and yearly financial performance reports for client investment packages and products and presented information in periodic meetings.
- Advised clients when financial situations drastically changed to better reposition their assets into protected accounts or higher earning possibilities.
- Awarded with the highest achiever medal in the firm during the first two years of employment due to strong client retention and new business.
I participate in many different sports and active pursuits during my time away from the office. I am part of a recreational golf team and play the links whenever the weather is nice. I also am a member of a community flag football team and hold scrimmages and events every few weeks.
Finance CV Questions
Finance CV Must-Haves
What Does Finance Do?Financial advisor is a job that focuses on developing sound investment strategies for consumers and businesses. These individuals work with their clients to help better manage a portfolio of investments or their bank accounts.Each day, financial advisors discuss techniques and market conditions with their database of clients in person, through email, or on the phone. They may give their clients information about how specific markets are performing, what gains have been made, what losses are evident, and what steps should be taken in the future.Additionally, as you can see in the finance CV example, building new business is another big part of a financial advisor’s daily responsibilities. This position must also work to get new clients by meeting with people in various events and discussing the benefits of a partnership.
Tips for Creating a Great Finance CVThe most important thing to keep in mind when writing your CV is to make yourself stand out. Doing so could help you get an interview. Here are additional helpful tips:
- List your proudest finance accomplishments throughout your work history to give an employer an idea of how your services have provided benefit.
- Don’t forget to include any information about the number of clients you have helped recruit or dollar amounts of business you have been personally responsible for in finance.
- Explain how you have been able to help your clients by discussing your customer service and communication skills for the finance industry.
- Hook your reader with a compelling opening about your talents and most valued skills when you write the most important part of your CV: the professional summary.
- Organize your work history and educational details by listing everything in reverse chronological order, starting with your most recent experience.