If you’re well versed in all things tax-related, a tax manager position is likely a great job for you, but you must first demonstrate your knowledge and qualifications. You’ll have the opportunity to do this in an interview, but potential employers want to know about your experience before then.
This is why writing a great curriculum vitae is important. With a great CV in your hands, you can go after a tax manager job and have a summary of your accomplishments to back you up. If you’re lacking inspiration, try consulting our tax manager CV examples and tips.
123 Fake Street, City, State, Zip Code
E: firstname.lastname@example.org P: 000-000-0000
Skilled tax manager with over 20 years of experience overseeing tax completion, administration, and accounting. Proficient in federal, state, and local tax regulations as well as correct procedures for filing and paying these authorities. Previous experience handling IRS interactions and audits helped to develop a unique ability to solve tax-related problems effectively and innovatively. Supervised accounting department’s staff, ranging in size from 20 to 42 personnel, and previously reduced audits by 23 percent over the course of time spent in organization.
- Skilled in tax accounting and management.
- Advanced mathematical skills, including statistics.
- Highly skilled in collaborating with and training staff.
- Knowledge of various tax standards and regulations.
- Proficient in analyzing and assembling calculations.
- Direct all accounting procedures to ensure complete compliance with tax standards at federal, state, and local levels.
- Project expected tax expenses in order to accurately account and plan for costs accumulated throughout the year.
- Complete all necessary tax returns for each part of the business and ensure all quarterly and annual payments are made in a timely fashion.
- Supervised accounting department’s 20-24 personnel to ensure all staff completed tasks correctly and according to policy.
- Trained new hires and existing staff in proper accounting techniques in accordance with local, state, and federal jurisdiction.
- Developed resources for accountants to streamline complex tasks, such as tax computations and payroll troubleshooting.
- Assisted supervisors and managers in gathering data necessary to calculate and submit taxes for the company.
- Verified data and sums indicated by paperwork in order to ensure complete accuracy in all filings and entries.
- Entered all data collected from paperwork and tax forms so that documentation existed for all parts of the tax filing process.
I indulge my passion for creative writing by drafting novels and short stories based on my ideas and experiences. I am also a member of a local writing group that focuses on developing writing practices and meets biweekly. These hobbies are for my own personal enjoyment, but I also take pride in using my writing skills to help those in need. I do this by volunteering at the local employment center and helping job seekers write resumes and CVs that accurately reflect their qualifications so that they are attractive candidates on the job market.
Questions for Your Tax Manager CV
How long should a tax manager CV be?
You will most often hear the advice to limit your CV to one page and include a second page if you have over 15 years’ experience. Treating this rule as more of a guideline can help you gain the flexibility you need to create a CV that optimally showcases your skills and accomplishments.
With this in mind, list all relevant positions and degrees. Do not skimp on important information such as essential job functions and major achievements. Metrics help employers understand your qualifications, so do not leave those out to save space. On the other hand, do not include tangential facts or use five words when two get the message across.
How do you format a tax manager CV?
Our tax manager CV sample offers a great example of good CV formatting. The applicant uses spacing, headers, and alignment to separate her sections and various types of content. Breaking up the text frequently makes it easier for the reader to focus on the information.
However, do not go overboard with a cv template that has elaborate fonts or graphic. You are not applying for a creative position, so you need to limit your CV’s visual appeal to a simple, readable appearance. Anything beyond that can distract the reader and detract from the seriousness of your presentation.
How many skills should you put on a tax manager CV?
On average, your skills section should contain about six points. This general guideline gives you enough space to present vital skills from various important areas necessary for your job.
The applicant in our tax manager CV sample lists core competencies such as accounting and statistics. She also includes collaborative skills, as well as knowledge she needs for legal compliance.
Should you include references on a tax manager CV?
References do not belong on your CV. While speaking to professional references forms an important part of the hiring process, employers usually save it for a much later stage. Do not take up valuable space on your CV to present information employers do not want at this moment.
Do have a list of references and contact information ready to present when an employer does request it. Of course, be sure to speak with your references to make sure they feel comfortable talking with prospective employers about you.
What can you do to make your tax manager CV stand out?
Like many jobseekers, you may feel unsure of how you can stand out amongst a sea of candidates with similar credentials. You can use effective techniques to tell employers how you can offer a unique contribution to their companies. Our tax manager CV sample illustrates some of these techniques.
Throughout her CV, the applicant in the sample uses various metrics to define her achievements. She states how many people she supervised. She also gives a specific percentage to quantify her reduction of audits. Our step-by-step resume builder can assist you with more suggestions as to how to present your information most effectively.
Tax Manager CV Must-Haves
What Does a Tax Manager Do?
A tax manager is a managerial accounting position that is primarily concerned with calculating, auditing, and submitting payments for tax liabilities. The position also typically oversees the accounting department and interacts with tax authorities to verify payment and compliance with all regulations. The tax manager should plan for taxes to be made on quarterly or annual bases and develop the structure necessary to submit payments accordingly in a timely manner.
In addition to these tasks, you can expect to collect data regarding tax payments and calculations and provide regular reports on the status of the company’s tax accounting efforts. You should consult our tax manager CV example for more information on what a CV for this position will typically look like, and you can reference the tips for more help.
Tips for Creating a Great Tax Manager CV
Your CV is your chance to show potential employers why you would be an asset to their team. This might seem easier said than done. If you are wondering how to craft a CV that is both exciting and professionally enticing, consider these tips and tricks:
- Do proofread your resume several times in order to make sure there are no errors in its text.
- Don’t submit an out of date CV to potential employers and plan to update them during an interview-send a version that is recently updated.
- Do format all experience and education in a reverse chronological order so that your most recent accomplishments are the most visible.
- Don’t create a one-size-fits-all CV that you plan to use for all job applications-tailor each to the position you are seeking.
- Do be consistent in your text and formatting by using parallel constructions and paying attention to detail.
We can help you build your professional CV
- Professionally designed and formatted templates
- Expert suggestions for filling out every section of your CV, customized by job title
- Easily create different versions of your CV, customized for different jobs