It is a difficult endeavor to be confident when applying for a new job. With many candidates applying alongside you, it is vital that you find a way to catch the attention of employers and stand out from the crowd. Use this recruitment specialist CV example to learn how to create a curriculum vitae that will improve your chances of being hired by giving employers everything they need to know about your professional qualifications. Employers’ standards for the CVs they read are quite high, so you need to be familiar with the standard formatting and content expectations before you write.
123 Fake Street, City, State, Zip Code
E: email@example.com P: 000-000-0000
Dedicated and organized recruitments specialist. Familiar conducting interviews with multiple candidates to identify the one with the most potential. Hold 11 years of experience in management and human resources. Excellent communication abilities, including written and oral, professional and interpersonal. Developed evaluation, critical thinking, active listening, and decision-making skills as well as a strong attention to small details. Highly organized and familiar completing several complicated administrative tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills, including professional, interpersonal, written, and oral
- Familiar with interview situations and highly experienced in the human resource field
- Experience in management and leadership, delegating tasks and training new recruits
- Strong attention to small details, capable critical thinking, evaluation, and analysis
- Highly organized and strong multitasking abilities
- Review all applications, reading carefully and evaluating presented qualifications.
- Contact applicants with the highest potential to schedule in-person interviews.
- Perform interviews carefully and intentionally, asking in-depth questions and listening to the answers carefully while taking details notes.
- Create a report of the highest qualified and most talented candidates to be presented to the hiring manager.
- Contact new recruits, explain work technicalities, and guide them through the required paperwork.
- Ensure new recruits enter into proper training successfully and all questions are answered correctly.
- Maintain new recruit success rating above 95 percent.
- Provided assistance to the recruitment specialist as requested.
- Compiled information about candidates and presented it to recruitment specialist.
- Relayed information between candidates, the recruitment specialist, and other managers.
- Led a team of employees, ensuring success and effective operations.
- Delegate tasks and assign jobs based on employee talents.
- Oversaw all performances and made recommendations for improvement.
- Held position in the top five percent of managers.
I make an effort to read several business magazines each month to stay up-to-date on new techniques and processes. I run each day and play basketball to stay fit. I also volunteer with a bi-annual charity event to benefit disaster victims.
Questions for Your Recruitment Specialist CV
What can you do to make your recruitment specialist CV stand out?
Even if you are competing against other talented recruiters for a specialist position, there are several ways to make your curriculum vitae stand out. An informative and well-organized CV helps you make a great first impression on prospective employers.
Respond to the requirements for the job you want in the professional summary and skills sections of your CV. You can also use metrics to quantify your experience. The candidate on our recruitment specialist CV sample draws attention to his 95% new-recruit success rating.
How should you structure your recruitment specialist CV?
The first section on your CV should be a header with your full name and contact information. Follow this section with a professional summary or a resume objective, a bulleted list of skills, and experience and education sections.
Most jobseekers prefer summary statements, which allow them to cover their major qualifications near the top of their CVs. An objective statement in which you declare your intention in seeking employment may be useful for first-time jobseekers or those who have spent time out of the workforce. You may conclude your CV with hobbies and interests to give employers a sense of your personality.
How do you highlight soft skills on a recruitment specialist CV?
Recruitment is a field in which both hard and soft skills are necessary for success. Soft skills include the personality traits that make a candidate exceptional at identifying talent. The jobseeker on our recruitment specialist CV sample draws attention to his communication, critical thinking, and decision-making skills in his summary statement. He points out his organization and multitasking abilities in the skills section. Either one of these early sections can be an ideal place to bring up soft sills.
How many bullet points do you include with each job in a recruitment specialist CV?
Provide enough information for employers to obtain a clear sense of your duties and accomplishments in your current and past positions. The jobseeker on our recruitment specialist CV samples lists seven points under his present positions and fewer points with his previous positions. You should focus on what past positions gave you to bring to a future recruitment role and keep the experience section of your CV easy to skim.
What format should your recruitment specialist CV be in?
Employers usually specify the format in which you should submit application materials in the job description for the recruitment specialist position. If you do not see any requirements regarding file formats, you may contact the employer.
A CV saved in a Word or PDF format preserves formatting such as alignment, bullet points, headings, and bold text. Plain text files only contain characters, including spaces, and line breaks. Our perfect CV builder allows you to create an outstanding personalized CV for a recruitment specialist position and save in any major file format.
Recruitment Specialist CV Must-Haves
What Does a Recruitment Specialist Do?
The job title of recruitment specialist can refer to two different types of jobs. Most commonly, recruitment specialists are professionals who work in a corporation and perform interviews and review candidates to determine the best applicants to hire. This is the type of recruitment specialist the above recruitment specialist CV example describes. The job title can also refer to those who seek and enroll volunteers in medical or research screenings or trials. When you are creating your CV for a specific job opening, make sure it is the right kind of recruitment specialist. In either case, communication is the primary skill required to succeed, and this ability should be heavily emphasized in the CV. In the case of hiring recruitment managers, familiarity with business administration and other corporate processes is important, as well as organization, evaluation, critical thinking, active listening, and decision-making.
Tips for Creating a Great Recruitment Specialist CV
Following these simple writing tips is a good way to improve your CV even more:
- Focus on creating a strong experience section. It should have a strong action verb at the beginning of each bullet point and list the previous positions in reverse order. Only your current position should be in present tense, with all others in past tense.
- Include real metrics wherever possible. This simple practice gives you an opportunity to impress readers, it adds credibility to your CV, and it gives employers a stronger idea of what benefits you would bring to the table if you were hired.
- Do make your CV as specific as possible. It is good practice to include keywords from each specific job description and alter your CV slightly to tailor it to each position you apply for.
- Do not make your CV too short or too long; the optimal length is one full page. Anything less than this and it looks too sparse, while having more decreases the chance employers will read your document all the way through.
More Resume Examples for the Next Step in Your Human Resources Career
More Cv Examples for the Next Step in Your Human Resources Career
We can help you build your professional CV
- Professionally designed and formatted templates
- Expert suggestions for filling out every section of your CV, customized by job title
- Easily create different versions of your CV, customized for different jobs