Without a solid CV, you’ll have difficulty succeeding in the social work sector and landing the jobs you want, or even receiving calls about interviews. One of the best ways to get a notable outcome is to look at social work CV examples and study it to familiarize yourself with content specifications and best practices for formatting.Read and utilize the relevant CV writing tips that follow to ensure you’re well equipped and able to steer clear of common mistakes. Also, download the PDF version of the sample CV and look at it while personalizing each section.
123 Fake Street, City, State, Zip Code
E: firstname.lastname@example.org P: 000-000-0000
Holds a job in the social work sector and directly deals primarily with women and children who are fleeing domestic violence. Expert in handling cases associated with disabilities and special needs. Managed the cases of a dozen women from Malaysia rescued from a sex worker’s ring and brought to the United States for rehabilitation.
- Fluent writer and speaker of English, Spanish, and German.
- Able to quickly put people at ease, particularly whey they feel stressed, scared, and uncertain about future prospects.
- Frequent and competent user of both Macintosh and Windows-based computer platforms.
- Excellent communicator, even when interacting with non-English speakers.
- Skilled transcriber of spoken words, both in workplace and courtroom environments.
- Help clients adjust to life changes and empower them to stabilize their own circumstances.
- Refer clients to resources in the community, including food stamp programs, housing assistance, and employment options.
- Consult related agencies in the Commonwealth of Virginia and beyond to gather necessary information.
- Evaluate clients’ living situations to verify availability of basic needs and safe surroundings.
- Supervise visitation sessions between spouses, parents, and children to maintain nurturing, productive circumstances.
- Communicate with various parties associated with clients, such as legal personnel, housing authorities, law enforcement experts, and language translators.
- Provided emotional and mental support to women recovering from domestic violence issues.
- Received “Care Worker of the Month” award after being in the position for only six months.
- Performed preliminary research about legal options for women who wanted to take action against allegedly abusive partners.
- Accompanied clients to court proceedings and offered moral support.
- Led a campaign to reduce stigmas associated with domestic violence. The Virginia governor officially commended the initiative for its useful contributions within the realm of community education.
I am a participating member of the Virginia chapter of the National Association of Social Work. I enjoy traveling to developing nations and highlighting the domestic violence issues present there. On a regular basis, I voluntarily tutor adults and children who are learning English as a Second Language. Many of the participants have very limited grasps of the language, which requires using significant amounts of gestures and other forms of non-verbal communication.
Questions for Your Social Worker CV
How do you write the qualifications section of a social work CV?
What does a good social work CV look like?
How do you write a social work CV?
How do you optimize your social work CV for an ATS?
How do you write the experience section of your social work CV?
Social Work CV Must-Haves
What Does a Social Work Professional Do?
Social work professionals help clients deal with challenging situations in their lives. They identify demographic groups and community sectors that need help and communicate with individuals to connect them with appropriate resources. Social workers also perform inspections of home environments, ensuring clients have at least basic necessities for safe, productive lives. They may also accompany clients to courtroom sessions or answer questions related to the social work side of those obligations.In some cases, social workers supervise clients who are seeing their children or spouses. Social workers often work shifts during nights, weekends, and holidays, and may respond to clients facing crisis situations. Refer to the social work CV example to ensure you create a document highlighting your desire to help others and educate them about available resources.
Tips for Creating a Great Social Work CV
Follow these suggestions to compose a CV that accurately portrays your abilities, strengths, and experience:
- Avoid repetitive words in your CV and use a thesaurus if needed to ensure an appropriate amount of variety while discussing social work tasks and responsibilities.
- Follow best practices for CV length depending on your career goals.
- Do not mention controversial subjects like politics or religion.
- Write an objective statement within the professional summary when applying for entry-level social work positions or transitioning into a social work career after another occupation.
- Mention internships or training programs related to social work goals.
- Remember, using fragmented sentences is an acceptable practice while writing your CV and describing the scope of your social work expertise.
- When detailing work experience, go in chronological order with the most recent social work position first.
- If possible, use metrics to convey social work-related accomplishments.
We can help you build your professional CV
- Professionally designed and formatted templates
- Expert suggestions for filling out every section of your CV, customized by job title
- Easily create different versions of your CV, customized for different jobs