For all of the companies out there looking for skilled helicopter pilots, there are likely even more qualified individuals looking to fill those positions. If you want to have a realistic shot at landing one of these jobs, you have to ensure that hiring managers remember you when deciding who to interview. Submitting a well-composed curriculum vitae alongside your job application can help make that happen. A CV showcases your skills and experience but in an abbreviated manner compared to a resume. Below you’ll find a helicopter pilot CV example to help get you started with writing your own.
Build My CV
321 Jupiter Court, Memphis, Tennessee 11111
E: ssanders@email P: 555-333-6666
Professional helicopter pilot with 15 years of flight experience. Former U.S. Air Force officer with over 9,000 hours of military flight time. Work experience since leaving military has included flight instruction and offshore support. Fully licensed to fly a wide range of helicopter models, with a strong understanding of various flight systems. Experience in successfully responding to in-flight emergencies and equipment failures. Recognized by peers and passengers for ability to remain focused in almost any situation. Looking to transition to piloting emergency medical technicians for healthcare provider.
- Instruct flight school students on the design and operation of Bell 206 and Bell 407 helicopter models.
- Conduct both private and commercial pilot license courses that range from 80 to 300 cumulative hours.
- Teach course participants everything from aircraft design, maintenance requirements, pre- and in-flight protocols, and emergency techniques.
- Direct flight certification tests in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration guidelines.
- Coordinate class schedules with other instructors and assist in the hiring of new personnel.
- Transported personnel, equipment, tools, and medical supplies from base of operations to offshore drilling platforms for Texas-based petroleum company.
- Coordinated with rig supervisor and corporate flight director to arrange transport schedules.
- Worked with logistics and medical personnel to fill flight inventory orders and confirm deliveries.
- Reported aircraft performance issues to ground maintenance teams and participated in monthly and post-repair service checks.
- Logged more than 2,000 flight hours over two years.
- Piloted the HH-60 Pave Hawk as member of the 41st Rescue Squadron based out of Moody Air Force Base in Georgia and the 413th Flight Test Squadron out of Eglin Air Force Base in Florida.
- Deployed in support of US Army 4th Infantry Division in Iraq in 2005 and Afghanistan in 2009.
- Specialized in search and rescue operations.
- Participated in flight tests trialing new aircraft avionics systems while stationed at Eglin.
- Honorably discharged at conclusion of term of service.
Motorcyclist who enjoys extended summertime rides on Harley Davidson Road King. Enjoy boating and watersports. Lifelong fan of the Houston Astros and the Tennessee Titans.
Build My CV
Helicopter Pilot CV Must-Haves
What Does a Helicopter Pilot Do?
Put simply, helicopter pilots fly helicopters. However, depending upon the position that you’re seeking, there may be specialty tasks that you’ll be asked to fulfill. Generally, prospective employers want to know what type of aircraft you’re familiar with. Not having flown the exact model of rotorcraft that a company offers likely won’t eliminate you from consideration; companies simply want to know if there will be an adjustment period as you familiarize yourself with new equipment. Large commercial employers may have their own maintenance staffs, yet small companies or private owners may expect their flight teams to also maintain their aircraft. Thus, a strong understanding of helicopter flight systems and mechanical components is an important skill to have. When applying for a certain job, research what specific roles come with it. This will help you better use the helicopter pilot CV example to create a document that highlights your relevant skills.
Tips for Creating a Great Helicopter Pilot CV
You want your CV to project a professional tone yet still convey a bit of your own personal touch. Be careful, however, about straying too far away from your reference materials when completing your document. Remembering the following tips will help maintain the professional message you’re trying to send as you complete your CV:
– Since piloting a helicopter is such a specialized skill, include whatever details are necessary to adequately convey your experience, such as specific aircraft manufacturer names and model numbers. However, be careful not to include too much technical jargon.
– List any and all training and certifications you have, as pilots can never be too skilled. Include information on your graduate and/or undergraduate studies, yet don’t go as far back as your high school days.
– Don’t list anything in your “Hobbies and Interests” section that could portray a controversial view or belief, as this could alienate certain readers.
– Don’t submit your CV without first reviewing it multiple times yourself. If possible, have a professional editor check it for errors as well.