Office Assistant Cover Letter Example + Tips
1 Main Street
New Cityland, CA 91010
Cell: (555) 322-7337
Dear Hiring Manager,
I am writing in response to your ad seeking an Office Assistant at Point Biotech. Your job posting states that you are in search of a resourceful, flexible individual, which describes me exactly.
My organized nature and personable attitude make me a great candidate for this position. I take ownership of tasks quickly, I am a creative problem solver, and am adept at problem solving.
Additionally, I have expertise in:
Routing correspondence, logging phone messages, and coordinating package deliveries.
Assisting with diverse areas including payroll, scheduling, and billing.
Providing exceptional client service in-person and on the phone.
Researching unique issues and compiling reports.
I have worked in administrative support for over four years now, and have spent more than a year as an Office Assistant with BVC Maid Service assisting with functions for over 150 staff. This has provided me with valuable knowledge that I would bring to this position.
Working at Point Biotech would allow me to implement my communication skills and initiative in a professional environment while providing stellar service to staff, researchers, and executives.
Please take a moment to review my attached resume. I believe I have the qualifications you need and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Office assistants keep offices organized and running smoothly. Some of their responsibilities include:
- Scheduling appointments
- Organizing files
- Forwarding information to other departments
- Placing orders
- Mailing receipts and promotions to customers
Office Assistant Cover Letter Requirements
Any high school graduate with adequate typing, computer, and communication skills can find an entry-level office assistant position. However, a one or two-year certificate program will qualify you for jobs in medical or legal offices. Despite your educational background, these are the skills you need to talk about in your office assistant cover letter in order to land a job.
- Typing speed: If you have been clocked doing a high number of words per minute, include that in your office assistant cover letter.
- Computer skills: Familiarity with computer office programs will give you an edge as you look for a job.
- Grammar: As an office assistant, you will need to write e-mails, memos, formal business letters, and notes. Employers want to see office assistant cover letters with perfect punctuation, spelling, and syntax.
- Organizational skills: Since you will be in charge of keeping the office organized, mention your disdain for clutter and disorderliness in your office assistant cover letter.
- Courtesy: Office assistants often greet customers as they walk into the office and converse with them over the phone. Employers are looking for office assistants who are pleasant and polite. So, make sure the tone of your office assistant cover letter is professional and respectful at all times.
Office Assistant Advancement Opportunities
While entry-level office assistants make between $10 and $15 per hour, those who get promoted to office administrators earn an average of $20 per hour. Since your opportunities increase as you gain more experience, be sure to update your office assistant cover letter regularly to increase your earning potential. If you need help getting started, view the sample office assistant cover letter below.
Get the Job You Want
Learning how to write the office assistant cover letter that employers want to read is the first step to landing a great job. Find out what employers are thinking when they read your cover letter.
More Resume Examples for the Next Step in Your Administrative Career
- Accounts Administrator Resume
- Administrative Assistant Resume
- Assistant Front Office Manager Resume
- Administrative Assistant Manager Resume
- Auto Title Clerk Resume
- Bilingual Receptionist Resume
- City Clerk Resume
- Administrative Coordinator Resume
- Data Entry Clerk Resume
- Document Controller Resume
- Document Specialist Resume
- Excel Professional Resume
- Executive Assistant Resume
- Facilities Manager Resume
- Administrative Front Desk Clerk Resume
- Front Office Assistant Resume
- Gym Receptionist Resume
- Medical Billing And Coding Specialist Resume
- Medical Billing Professional Resume
- Medical Office Assistant Resume
- Medical Receptionist Resume
- Non Profit Administrative Assistant Resume
- Office Assistant Resume
- Office Manager Resume
- Administrative Officer Resume
- Personal Assistant Resume
- Procurement Analyst Resume
- Procurement Specialist Resume
- Receptionist Resume
- Secretary Resume
- Store Assistant Resume
More Cover letter Examples for the Next Step in Your Administrative Career
- Administrative Assistant Cover Letter
- Clerical Assistant Cover Letter
- Data Entry Clerk Cover Letter
- Data Entry Specialist Cover Letter
- Executive Assistant Cover Letter
- Office Administrator Cover Letter
- Office Clerk Cover Letter
- Office Manager Cover Letter
- Personal Assistant Cover Letter
- Practice Manager Cover Letter
- President Cover Letter
- Receptionist Cover Letter
- Store Administrative Assistant Cover Letter