Vice President Cover Letter Example + Tips
Many people focus on creating the ideal resume. However, adding a well-written cover letter to it can get you noticed and greatly increase your chances of getting an interview. The idea is to get right to the point of why you are the ideal candidate. Read this free vice president cover letter sample to help you see how to craft your letter.
Dear Mr. Whitman,
I believe my combination of skills and experience match well with what LAL Enterprises is seeking in the ideal candidate for the vice president position. My comprehensive experience in financial monitoring, budgeting, and revenue generation projects includes grants, product sales, corporate sponsorship, and membership.
I have extensive executive level experience in the nonprofit sector and a record of getting initiatives off the ground successfully and flourishing for the long-term. My creation of new and innovative programs extends from the inception of a concept through planning and presenting compelling business plans that led to the development and implementation of successful programs.
I am equipped to energize your current business development program, which I understand has been quite successful to date. With over 10 years of experience as a vice president, I developed many programs that have achieved significant increases in regional and national market shares.
Thank you for your consideration. My resume accompanies this cover letter, and I would be happy to discuss my credentials with you in more detail, or provide supplementary information to help you assess my qualifications.
What to Include in a Vice President Cover Letter
Whatever you decide to include in your cover letter, make sure you don’t just repeat what you include on your resume. An ideal letter presents new and industry-specific information about your qualifications. Another helpful tip you can see from this free vice president cover letter sample is that you want to keep the length to a single page. Combine details of your experience, use language from the job description, add an appreciation statement in the conclusion, and open by addressing a company or specific person.
Industry Specific Skills to Include
Customize your cover letter to your audience, and use this free vice president cover letter sample for valuable ways to incorporate skills into your experiences. Here are some of the skills that are essential for successful vice presidents.
● Time-management: You need to self-manage and coordinate many tasks simultaneously to ensure that the work gets completed, and the objectives are achieved.
● Leadership: As a vice president, you must be able to lead an organization successfully by coordinating resources, people, and policies.
● Communication: You need to persuasively and clearly communicate with others, discuss and negotiate issues effectively, supervise subordinates, and explain decisions and policies to those within and outside the organization.
● Problem-solving skills: As a top executive, you need to identify and resolve issues within an organization. You will also need to recognize shortcomings and implement successful solutions.
More Resume Examples for the Next Step in Your Business Operations Career
- Business Development Associate Resume
- Business Management Resume
- Enterprise Management Trainee Resume
- General Manager Resume
- ISO Management Representative Resume
- Liaison Officer Resume
- Manager Resume
- Operations Manager Resume
- PMO Analyst Resume
- Risk Analyst Resume
- Salon Manager Resume
- Vendor Relationship Manager Resume