Top Finance Cover Letter Examples
- 30% higher chance of getting a job
- 42% higher response rate from recruiters
Our customers have been hired at:*Foot Note
Explaining complicated financial concepts to regular folks, analyzing budgets and processing risk assessments for investors are part of your day-to-day tasks. Connect with potential employers with a cover letter highlighting your interpersonal skills, financial software expertise and estate planning.
Our customer reviews say it best
Say hello with the best cover letter
Use our cover letter examples as inspiration to write a perfect cover letter with our Cover Letter Builder. We guide you through each section of your cover letter and provide expert phrases you can include in just a few clicks.
Finance cover letter FAQ
1. What are some common skills required for finance jobs?
- Budget review
- Attention to detail
- Documentation and reporting
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strategic planning
- Budget administration
- Payment processing
- Relationship building
- Analytical skills
- Portfolio management
2. What qualifications and certifications do employers look for in this industry?
To work in the finance industry, you’ll need a bachelor’s degree in a related field. You can also pursue certifications to add value to your skills.
A few certifications to consider are:
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Certified Financial Modeling & Valuation Analyst
- Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) Certification
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
3. What’s the ideal format for a finance cover letter?
A finance cover letter format is the same as a professional business letter format, which includes header, salutation and closing. The body paragraphs should include:
- Compelling introduction
- What you bring to the table
- Thank you and a call to action
Use action verbs and keywords from the job description to write the body of the letter. Make the writing process easier by using a professionally designed cover letter template and our Cover Letter Builder.
4. What is the salary potential for a finance professional?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for business and financial occupations is $76,570. These are salaries in related occupations:
- Budget analysis: $79,740 per year
- Financial analysis: $95,570 per year
- Personal financial advisors: $94,170 per year
5. What does the career progression for finance look like?
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects 7% growth in the finance industry during this decade. This translates to 980,200 job openings each year from 2021 to 2031 and 715,100 new jobs.
How we reviewed this article
Since 2013, we have helped more than 15 million job seekers. We want to make your career journey accessible and manageable through our services and Career Center’s how-to guides and tips. In our commitment to bring you a transparent process, we present our Editorial Process.
Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Business and Financial Occupations”
CFP Board “Certified Financial Planner”
Corporate Financial Institute “Financial Modeling & Valuation Analyst (FMVA) certification”