123 Fake Street, City, State, Zip Code
E: firstname.lastname@example.org P: 000-000-0000
Experienced tax consultant with over 15 years of practice preparing atypical tax returns for clients. Dedicated professional with extensive knowledge of the tax codes and ways to legally lower tax liability for clients. Committed to providing the best care to clients through transparent communication and timely preparation of taxes. Skilled in negotiation with a strong ability to problem solve to assist clients with tax problems.
- Extensive education and training, including registration with the IRS as a Registered Tax Return Preparer, to ensure I remain up to date on the tax code for compliance.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to facilitate discussion with clients and negotiation with the IRS.
- Effective multi-tasker and organizer who can handle managing multiple clients even during the peak tax season.
- Strong instructing ability that allows me to educate clients on the tax code so they know the actions they need to take for a more efficient tax preparation process.
- Superior written and oral communication skills, which allow me to speak to clients in terms they can easily understand.
- Develop relationships with local IRS agents to facilitate communication and negotiation on behalf of clients.
- Prepare annual taxes for clients using the latest tax codes to find the best credits and deduction to save clients an average of $500 on their tax liability.
- Consult with clients on ways to develop a financial strategy and build a tax plan to lower tax liability.
- Negotiate with the IRS on behalf of clients with large tax debt to reduce their tax liability with a more than 80 percent success rate.
- Advised clients on completing tax forms according to tax codes, including which deductions and credits they could take to save money.
- Researched the tax code to assist in preparing atypical returns to ensure compliance.
- Educated clients on actions to take to make tax preparation a more efficient process and reduce the risk of late filing.
- Oversaw several tax advisors to ensure documents for all clients were handled on time and according to code, even during the busy tax season.
- Verified tax returns and other documents completed by clients to make sure they were done correctly.
- Organized community education seminars to teach tax preparation and recruit new business that attracted on average five new clients per session.
- Collaborated with clients and co-workers to prepare tax documents in a timely fashion that adhered to the latest tax code.
I volunteer at the local YMCA and coach teams in the local youth basketball league. I also enjoy running and participate in several charity runs. I support my local animal shelter by providing pro bono tax preparation services every year.