When you are entrusted with the education of others, whether they are young children or adults, an employer wants to only hire the best. Before you get a chance to meet the employer in person, you need to impress this individual with a first-class CV. This document should give a general overview of your work experience so the hiring manager can see if you can handle the responsibilities of the position. Do not send in your application without taking a look at this instructor CV example first to get a sense of proper formatting.
123 Fake Street, City, State, Zip Code
E: email@example.com P: 000-000-0000
Proficient instructor with many years’ experience teaching children between grade levels fourth through 10th. Able to adapt teaching methods to best meet the needs of the specific class. Excellent track record of teaching classrooms that exceed standardized test scores. Professional who brings fun and enthusiasm to the table and can get any classroom in order.
- Active listening skills to truly listen to what a student is saying and offer a solution that helps everyone
- Interpersonal skills to build bonds with students and make them feel as though they can approach me for anything
- Thorough understanding of project management software and query software
- Comprehensive knowledge of a variety of teaching styles, which helps to adapt to new classrooms
- Time management skills to help plan out lesson plans and ensure the duration of class is utilized to its fullest potential
- Establish rules that are enforced throughout the school year.
- Speak with parents at regular three-month intervals to discuss student’s progress and any behavioral issues the student is exhibiting.
- Monitor students’ progress by assigning routine standardized tests; last year, classroom scored within the top 10th percentile of fourth-grade classrooms in the state.
- Observe children on the playground to ensure everyone is playing safely.
- Supervise field trips, including one excursion to the local zoo.
- Developed lesson plans to teach junior high students rules of the English language.
- Led the school’s academic decathlon program and came in third place in the state in 2014.
- Counseled students who were struggling, and helped many of them get their grades up to satisfactory levels.
- Collaborated with other teachers at the school to develop lesson plans that stretched beyond a single subject.
- Taught a variety of subjects, including English and history, to freshman and sophomore high school students.
- Graded homework, and assigned special projects that allowed students to develop their public speaking skills.
- Assisted with writing grants, which ended up getting the high school over $10,000 during the 2010-2011 school year.
- Trained tutors so students could help other students after school.
Although preparing lesson plans takes up a lot of my free time, I do enjoy participating in local community theatre. When I was younger, I mostly acted. Now that I have more knowledge surrounding theatre, I am currently a director, and I directed two full-length productions last year to great acclaim.
Fourth Grade Teacher Job Overview and Tips
What Does an Instructor Do?
Regardless of the exact type of instructor you are, there are certain tasks you can expect to perform no matter what. You will need to develop lesson plans, discipline students, maintain grades, plan trips or special projects, and attend staff meetings to determine what direction the institution needs to go. Additional responsibilities include determining whether a student requires outside tutoring, speaking with a student’s parents, and participating in student recruitment for the school. You may need to provide support to students with learning disabilities and work with the administrative staff to establish a clear objective for the school year. At the end of the day, instructors need to be ready for anything, and just like the instructor CV example above, your own CV needs to convey that fact.
Tips for Creating a Great Instructor CV
Now that you have some ideas about how to write your CV, take it even further with these tips:
- If you are going to physically mail your CV to an employer, make sure it is printed on high-quality A4 paper.
- Using four to six lines, your Professional Summary should go over your real world leadership experiences and your personal attitude regarding instructing.
- Make sure to include specific, noteworthy achievements in your Work Experience bullet points. A list of duties is simply going to become boring to read after a while.
- Under the Skills section, you should focus on talents that are relevant to the job you hope to obtain.
- If you have won any awards or belong to any prestigious memberships, make sure to include those on your CV.
More Resume Examples for the Next Step in Your Teaching Career
- Adjunct Professor Resume
- Assistant Teacher Resume
- Early Childhood Assistant Resume
- Early Childhood Teacher Resume
- Elementary Teacher Resume
- ESL Teacher Resume
- English Teacher Resume
- Foreign Language Teacher Resume
- Master French Teacher Resume
- High School Social Studies Teacher Resume
- High School Teacher Resume
- Homeschool Teacher Resume
- Language Professor Resume
- Middle School Teacher Resume
- Nurse Educator Resume
- Piano Teacher Resume
- Preschool Teacher Resume
- Public Health Advisor Resume
- Retired Teacher Resume
- Spanish Teacher Resume
- Summer Teacher Resume
- Teacher Resume
- Tutor Resume
More Cover letter Examples for the Next Step in Your Teaching Career
- Adjunct Professor Cover Letter
- Assistant Teacher Cover Letter
- Elementary Teacher Cover Letter
- Graduate Assistant Cover Letter
- Instructor Cover Letter
- Kindergarten Teacher Cover Letter
- Master Teacher Cover Letter
- Preschool Teacher Cover Letter
- Student Assistant Cover Letter
- Student Teacher Cover Letter
- Summer Teacher Cover Letter
- Teacher Cover Letter
- Teacher’s Aide Cover Letter
- Teaching Assistant Cover Letter
- Tutor Cover Letter
More Cv Examples for the Next Step in Your Teaching Career
- Adjunct Professor CV
- Arabic Teacher CV
- Teaching Assistant CV
- Assistant Professor CV
- Beginning Teacher CV
- Chinese Teacher CV
- Driving Instructor CV
- English Teacher CV
- Entrepreneur CV
- French Teacher CV
- Fresher Teacher CV
- Graduate Assistant CV
- High School Teacher CV
- Nurse Educator CV
- Physics Professor CV
- SAT Tutor CV
- University Professor CV
We can help you build your professional CV
- Professionally designed and formatted templates
- Expert suggestions for filling out every section of your CV, customized by job title
- Easily create different versions of your CV, customized for different jobs