Recipe for the Perfect Shift Leader Trainee Resume
96/100 – MyPerfectResume Score
Prep Time: 26 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Recipe Yield: 1 Perfect Shift Leader Trainee Resume
Calories: 0 Calories
Fat: 0 grams fat
- 1 Contact Information Section
- 1 Shift Leader Trainee Summary Section
- 8-10 Customer Service Highlight Skills
- 2-4 Shift Leader Trainee Work Experience Sections
- 1-3 Education Sections
- Include the Shift Leader Trainee experience, skills and education the employer requires, but present that information in a concise and easy to read fashion.
- A Shift Leader Trainee resume summary should be concise and to the point. Try to define your Customer Service skills and accomplishments in an action oriented description with quantifiable results. And do it in three sentences or less.
- List your previous Customer Service jobs with the most recent first. Each job is its own sub-heading, comprised of company name/location, period of employment, and job title.
- It’s how you list your Shift Leader Trainee accomplishments beneath the job that counts. By creating 3-6 bullet points that begin with action verbs and, if possible, end with quantifiable results, you’ll catch the eye of a potential Customer Service employer and allow them to see you in action and as a part of their organization.
- As you list your education, put the highest level attained first. The only information the potential employer needs at this point is the school attended, school location, and degree obtained.
1 Main Street
New Cityland, CA 91010
Cell: (555) 322-7337
Experienced retail professional adept at problem solving, customer service and hiring and training hardworking, quality staff. Proactive, creative, and customer-focused with 10-year history of success that includes management experience. Proficient in sales development and seeking Shift Leader Trainee position.
Training and development
January 2011 to Current
Travel Safe New Cityland, CA
Run cash register on overnight shift for largest convenience store and truck stop in area.
Ensure merchandise is neatly displayed, well stocked, and correctly priced.
Facilitate customer service by completing purchases quickly, answering questions, and suggesting promotional items for purchase.
Assist management with buying recommendations based on customer comments and preferences.
Create effective displays to drive sales and move selected merchandise.
Suggest employee relations improvements that have reduced employee turnover on all shifts.
Train new employees and mentor through probationary period.
March 2005 to February 2011
Petunia’s St. Petersburg, FL
Supervised all employees, inventory management, and customer relations.
Developed employee handbook to codify many unwritten procedures regarding time off, breaks, behavior, and other important information.
Wrote employee schedules, approved requests, and resolved grievances.
Arranged deliveries and facilitated customer service.
August 2004 to February 2005
Petunia’s St. Petersburg, FL
Processed customer payments by cash, check, and credit card.
Totaled purchases and applied sales discounts.
Answered in-person and telephone business inquiries and referred customer service issues to management.
2017 University of California New Cityland, CA
Bachelor of Science Business Administration