Build Your CV
Waterway Terrace , Oklahoma City, OK 11111
E: ARedman@anymail.com P: 555-978-2165
Experienced IT professional with a history in all different areas of information technology. Master of computer science and operation from over a decade of working with and on computers. Developed communication, cooperation, and leadership skills from IT support career. Knowledge of setting up a network or other system and experienced in performing maintenance on a regular basis. Extensive familiarity with raw and processed numbers and analytical experience. A candidate ready to utilize 10 years of experience in IT to excel in any position.
- Review IT network information to gain insight into areas of potential improvement.
- Compile a report on a weekly basis and present them to board of administrators at the end of each month.
- Make suggestions to improve efficiency and profits, while minimizing processing and power requirements.
- Improved efficiency and performance of IT networks by 10 percent and 18 percent, respectively.
- Performed initial setup of more than 15 different networking systems.
- Identified issues with existing systems and performed repairs to improve operations.
- Executed maintenance responsibilities on a daily basis, keeping a close eye on output levels.
- Oversaw all troubleshooting and lead other IT employees through processes.
- Communicated with interior employees and exterior clients to resolve computer issues.
- Travelled to locations for in-depth computer issue repair.
- Maintained professional demeanor and attitude.
In my spare time, I read technology magazines in order to remain up to date on upcoming technology and techniques. I enjoy running and playing tennis to remain fit, and I volunteer in a charity marathon once every year. I also enjoy travelling and try to do so whenever I am able.
Build Your CV
IT CV Must-Haves
What Does IT Do?
IT stands for information technology, and the professionals who work in this field deal with the technological systems that keep companies operational. There is a strong association between IT and technology support. While it is true that IT professionals are commonly tasked with helping other employees solve technology issues, this is only a small part of information technology. They also manage networks and servers, set up such systems, troubleshoot and perform maintenance, and identify areas of potential optimization. Working in IT requires an extremely high level of technical knowledge. This is the aspect your CV should focus on more than anything else. It may be beneficial to also include communication and analytical or mathematical skills in your CV. The above IT CV example demonstrates the best way to integrate these elements in a manner that will impress readers and paint the applicant in a good light.
Tips for Creating a Great IT CV
Take note of these simple writing tips to make the most of your IT CV and improve your chances of being hired:
– Focus on the experience section of your CV. Because the job revolves around technical knowledge, employers are looking for professionals who have experience working with similar systems in the past. If possible, emphasize technology that is shared between past jobs and the position you are applying for.
– Do make sure you get the formatting of your experience section correct, as this is the most important section. Begin with the most recent job and list the rest in reverse order. Additionally, begin each bullet point with a strong action verb.
– Do not neglect the length of your CV. It should be one page for every 10 years of working experience you have. A CV that is too long or short does not look good to employers.
– Do take the time to double check your CV. Typographical errors will significantly hurt your chances. Identify areas of potential improvement and make changes as needed.