Perfect Resume Example
1212 Traynor Field Road, West Friendship, MD 20890
Enthusiastic and compassionate educator with 12 years of experience working with adolescents. Committed to helping students learn critical thinking skills and prepare for college and future careers. Excellent skills in digital literacy and developing lessons infused with technology. Dedicated to reaching all students in the classroom.
• Certified to teach Secondary English
• Skills with mobile device instruction
• Expertise in Canvas• Open parent-teacher communication
• Leadership skills
• National Board Certification
• MS Office skills
• Highly organized
• Impressive classroom management ability
Teacher, Howard County Public Schools, Folly Quarter Middle School – 2007-present
• Supervise six other English teachers as chairperson
• Create engaging lessons to help students master literacy skills
• Incorporate the 6+1 Traits of Writing into instructional plans
• Prepare assessment materials by reviewing guidelines from the Common Core and PARCC assessments
• Review potential anchor texts for use within the middle school curriculum
Teacher, Montgomery County Public Schools, Glencoe Middle School – 2004-2007
• Developed instruction for sixth-grade English students in standard and gifted and talented courses using Maryland State Curriculum Standards
• Used the Voluntary State Curriculum to write and administer assessments that modeled the current format of state testing
• Led an afterschool organization for students involved in Quiz Bowl and traveled to tournaments with students across the county
• Wrote curricular materials for English teachers around the region
• Differentiated materials for students with special needs
Master of Arts in Teaching, University of Maryland, College Park, MD – 2002-2004
• Completed a field experience in 12th grade English
• Focused study in English education
Bachelor of Science in Mass Communications, Georgetown University, Washington, DC – 1998-2002
• Elected vice president of honor society
• Published articles in the student newspaper about politics
What to Notice in a Perfect Resume Example: How Does Yours Compare?
In this perfect resume example, there are several essential sections included, such as the summary statement, the skills section, an experience component and a list of schools. While some resumes include additional information like professional certifications or affiliations, the elements listed in this resume are common across many industries. The summary statement starts off strong and provides a compelling summary to a potential hiring manager about why the candidate should be considered. Then, the resume goes into further detail with specifics about some important industry skills. Find out what important software skills or other soft skills are typical in your industry, and make sure you list them. Next, the perfect resume example breaks down specifics about the job candidate’s work history.
Each job that is listed includes at least five further details about various duties or accomplishments. Giving information about supervisory roles or special assignments while employed can show off your strengths. Did you remember to use powerful action verbs here? It’s also helpful to provide measurable details whenever you can. Finally, end your resume with an education section. It’s not necessary to give specifics if you aren’t a new graduate. Does your resume follow the example?
Perfect Resume Example: At a Glance
• Summary – Begin your resume by writing an overview of what makes you the perfect job candidate.
• Skills – Provide a list of relevant skills you have mastered throughout your career that match the job description.
• Work History – Show off your proudest moments from your career with information about your increasing amount of responsibility and success.
• Education – List each college you have attended and provide information about the degree earned and any noteworthy achievements.