Job Description & Responsibilities
The cashier is one of the more important customer service associates in a retail environment. Your cashier resume should point out all of your accomplishments in delivering excellent customer service to customers and encouraging repeat business. Your cashier resume also points out how responsible you are when it comes to company funds. The cashier is one of the more important links between the client and the business. A cashier compiles orders, takes payment from the customer, gives the customer back their change, makes sure that the prices in each order are correct, and also make sure that the customer has a positive buying experience.
Education & Training
A successful cashier resume has a high school diploma or its equivalent as the minimum educational accomplishment. Much of the training cashiers get is on the job, so you’ll want to list all of the point of sale systems you’ve been trained on in your cashier resume. A dedicated cashier will also take training in customer services to go along with their cashier duties. A well-rounded cashier resume shows an associate who’s interested in delivering the highest possible level of service to encourage customers to come back.
Salary Range & Cashier Resume Sample
In the United States, the salary range for an experienced cashier resume runs from $18,000 per year to around $25,000 per year. Many cashiers move up to other positions within their companies and take on greater responsibility. You can add value to your cashier resume by showing an ability and willingness to train for more responsibility. We have cashier Resume Samples that you can use to put together the ideal cashier resume for your needs. Our goal is to make sure that your cashier resume includes all of the pertinent information that hiring managers are looking for. The cashier resume market is competitive, so use our samples to gain an edge.
Recipe for the Perfect Cashier Resume
91/100 – MyPerfectResume Score
Prep Time: 28 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Recipe Yield: 1 Perfect Cashier Resume
Calories: 0 Calories
Fat: 0 grams fat
- 1 Contact Information Section
- 1 Cashier Summary Section
- 8-10 Restaurant Highlight Skills
- 2-4 Cashier Work Experience Sections
- 1-3 Education Sections
- Include the Cashier experience, skills and education the employer requires, but present that information in a concise and easy to read fashion.
- A Cashier resume summary should be concise and to the point. Try to define your Restaurant skills and accomplishments in an action oriented description with quantifiable results. And do it in three sentences or less.
- List your previous Restaurant jobs with the most recent first. Each job is its own sub-heading, comprised of company name/location, period of employment, and job title.
- It’s how you list your Cashier accomplishments beneath the job that counts. By creating 3-6 bullet points that begin with action verbs and, if possible, end with quantifiable results, you’ll catch the eye of a potential Restaurant employer and allow them to see you in action and as a part of their organization.
- As you list your education, put the highest level attained first. The only information the potential employer needs at this point is the school attended, school location, and degree obtained.
1 Main Street
New Cityland, CA 91010
Cell: (555) 322-7337
Upbeat and flexible Cashier who is highly energetic, outgoing and detail-oriented. Handles multiple responsibilities simultaneously while providing exceptional customer service. Driven and results-focused with expertise in multiple restaurant roles.
Dining room management
Kitchen staff coordination
Works well in a team
September 2011 to Current
Venezia Italian New Cityland, CA
Process customer payments by cash, debit, gift, and credit card.
Inquire about guest experience and smooth any issues.
Answer telephone calls regarding reservations, menu questions, and business information.
Take to-go orders by phone and in-person.
Coordinate with hostess, floor, and kitchen staff regarding special customer requests.
Fill in for hostess as needed and assist with dining room arrangements.
February 2010 to August 2011
Mike’s Gourmet Sub Shop New Cityland, CA
Wrote up customer orders and processed payments.
Kept dining room clean, stocked, and neatly arranged.
Managed telephone requests and delivery orders.
Alerted kitchen staff of large orders and special issues.
Cleaned bathroom areas and restocked counter supplies.
Swept front sidewalk and wiped windows and doors in off-peak times.
Emptied trash, picked up dropped waste, and filled dining room ice machine.
Monitored drink station, filled tea dispensers, and connected new soda syrup boxes as needed.
June 2009 to January 2010
Pizza Pizza Pizza New Cityland, CA
Delivered pizza orders in downtown area, often multiple orders in one run.
Organized routes and ensured on-time deliveries.
Accepted payments and tallied up tip amounts.