A resume assists you in obtaining an essential management position, just like a professional day care center director sets the tone for an excellent child care center. A professional resume markets you in the same way advertisements and word-of-mouth help parents find a child care center they can trust. Experience is paramount for a child care center director, making it vital to include yours. Top notch people skills are a must since you will be managing a staff as well as interacting with parents and children. Spotlight qualities like amazing organizational and management skills in addition to your commitment to fostering a safe, healthy and developmentally appropriate learning environment for young children. Prepare a resume as you would write a detailed and inviting marketing plan. If you are in need of a bit of creative inspiration, take a peek at our day care center director resume examples before writing yours.
Day Care Center Administrator Resume Questions
1. How do you write a day care center director resume?
Start by looking over an example of a resume for the job you are seeking, such as our day care center director resume sample. Once you get a sense of the major sections and the types of information to include in each, you can compose a resume using a text editing or word-processing program.
Our sample includes a header formatted with the candidate’s name as a title, bolded capitalized subheadings, and bullet points throughout. Use a word processor or other document design software to create a resume that is easy for prospective employers to skim, or use this sample as inspiration and create your resume with our resume builder.
2. How do you highlight soft skills on a day care center director resume?
Soft skills can give hiring managers a better sense of your personality and work ethic than your hard skills or specific qualifications for a day care center director position. These traits describe your character, personality, or work ethic and can support the other skills you list. The candidate in our day care center director resume sample points out that she is energetic and independent in her professional summary statement and qualifications section.
3. How many skills should you put on a day care center director resume?
You should list at least five skills on your resume, including a few skills that respond directly to the requirements for the position stated on the job advertisement or description. You may format this section with two columns of bullet points to include twice as many skills in the same amount of vertical space. However, you should not list too many more than 10 skills in this section to avoid overwhelming readers. The candidate on our sample gives a reasonable seven skills.
4. How do you list certifications on your day care center director resume?
You have several options for listing certifications. You may bring up them in your summary statement if you want employers to see these credentials as soon as they start reading your resume. You can also list certifications under qualifications.
If you mix degrees and certifications in your education section, you can either combine these credentials and list both in reverse chronological order or set them apart in separate subsections. You also have the option to create a separate section for professional certifications to draw more attention to them. For more information on resume section formatting, visit our resume format page.
5. Should you include references on a day care center director resume?
There is no need to include references on a resume for most positions. The candidate on our day care center director resume sample does not provide any references in the sample document. You should instead contact your recommenders, inform them that you are applying for work as a day care center director, and ask for their preferred contact information. Keep these details on file until an employer expresses interest in learning more about your professional background.
123 Fake Street
City, State, Zip Code
Energetic Day Care Center Director dedicated to providing a safe and enjoyable environment for children. Adept at managing teacher shifts and delegating tasks, developing and implementing a curriculum, and overseeing and monitoring facilities. Specialize at managing the day-to-day operations of a day cay center.
- Curriculum development
- Stock and inventory
- Facility security
- In class safety
- Financial processing
- Billing and documentation
January 2010 to March 2015 Company Name — City, State Day Care Center Director
- Received, processed, and organized day care bills, documented earnings and costs
- Managed the stock of al tools and supplies, ordered new supplies when necessary
- Coordinated with educators to develop a customized pre – K curriculum
April 2004 to December 2009 Company Name — City, State Day Care Center Director
- Recruited educators and workers for the day care center, completed staff training
- Monitored the day care center for compliance with safety regulations, monitored grounds for security and developed security plans
- Managed the quality and safety of day care facilities, ordered repairs or maintenance done when necessary
February 2000 to March 2004 Company Name — City, State Day Care Center Director
- Coordinated with teachers to develop a pre — K curriculum, activities, and events for the center
- Monitored the day care center stock of supplies and tools, food, books, and other teaching implements
- Processed individual day care fees, documented revenues and expenditures and produced balance sheets
1999 University of Southern California, City, State Bachelor of Science in Business Administration