Nanny Resume Example and Tips
A nanny position requires partnering with parents to help raise their children to be responsible, well-rounded individuals. Most nannies live with families, taking care of children as required.
Make sure your nanny resume is as well-rounded as can be with these expert resume writing tips and our resume examples.
Featured resume example: nanny
Name: ANNIE BENNETT
Address: City, State, Zip Code
Communicative Nanny and childcare professional seeking new opportunity. Ensures growth, happiness and safety of children while remaining in open communication with parents. Juggles multiple complex schedules and nutritional guidelines while remaining an observant and entertaining presence.
- Schedule all pre- and post-school activities while allowing for free time and creativity.
- Coordinate with other children’s parents for carpools, extra-curricular events, other after-school and weekend activities.
- Assure kids complete and understand homework and other assignments.
- Performed two-to-four after-school pickups per week.
- Prepared dinner two-to-four times per week, and made lunches for the following day when requested.
- Put kids to bed, participated in nightly reading time if parents weren’t home yet.
- Distriobuted learning materials such as worksheets, textbooks and supplemental activities.
- Organized classroom materials to help teachers prepare for daily instruction and activities.
- Home school programs familiarity
- Infant, toddler and preschool curricula
- Meal planning and preparation
- Schedule creation and maintenance/li>
- Caring child mentor
- Early Childhood Education
- Excellent driving record
Top 4 characteristics of a best-in-class nanny resume
- Summary The success of nannies largely depends on their knowledge and personal attributes, so focus your summary statement on your skills and experiences, as well as any childcare training courses you have undertaken. Give an example of how your first- aid skills or your household abilities helped families in times of need.
- Skills Feature relevant job skills such such as cooking, organizational abilities, meal planning, laundering, communication, child development, child safety and experience with handling emergencies. Also list personal traits such as patience, trustworthiness, reliability, a nurturing spirit and the ability to enforce discipline.
- Work history Instead of laundry-listing tasks from previous jobs, draw attention to situations where your skills and experience made a big difference (e.g., “Successfully helped mentor three grade-school children to straight A’s in all their classes”). Describing your accomplishments helps support your qualifications.
- Education List courses like CPR and First Aid, water-safety certification, or an early childhood education or professional nanny certification in this section, along with any diplomas or degrees you’ve received.
See Why My Perfect Resume is a 5-Star Resume Builder
Find the right template for your resume
Make sure your resume looks as polished and organized as your nanny skills by using these employer-ready templates in our resume builder.
As the name suggests, the design for this resume is very streamlined and contemporary, with color accents providing freshness.
The colored fonts for each section heading makes for easy navigation, while giving each section a distinct look.
This design uses subtle borders between each section, and also features a bold header presentation for the job applicant name and contact details.
What Makes Our Resume Builder Great?
1. Professional, Customizable Templates
Stand out with MyPerfectResume’s eye-catching resume templates! Building a noteworthy resume has never been easier or faster.
2. Expertly Crafted Phrases
Don’t get stuck writing about your work experience. Create an impressive resume with our pre-written, industry-specific bullet points!
3. Popular Format Downloads
Need your resume in PDF, word, or an image file? You’re in control with multiple export and download options.
4. Optimize Your Resume
With resume score and resume check, we’ll rate the strength of your resume and guide you through actionable steps to make a resume that showcases your best professional self!
5. Customize Your Resume to The Job
Copy and paste a job description from any listing and get a job-specific resume match score. We’ll guide you through tailoring your resume for the job!
6. Up Your Application Game
With Smart Apply, we’ll help you find an opportunity, customize your resume, create a matching cover letter, and download your documents. We’ll even send you to the web page where you can apply!