Table of Contents
Featured Resume Example: Branch Manager
Name: ROY BLAKE
Address: City, State, Zip Code
Senior Branch Manager with many years of experience managing a staff and working to improve business processes. Proven record of increasing revenue and retaining loyal customers. Strengths include team leadership, financial
literacy and relationship building.
Senior Branch Manager
Company Name, City, State
- Maintained confidentiality of bank records and client information to prevent mishandling of data and potential breaches.
- Maintain a deep understanding of financial products and services and relay that information to staff and customers
- Taught and trained staff on the benefits of company products and programs during promotions and sales sales opportunities
Company Name, City, State
- Uncovered and resolved strategic and tactical issues impacting sales management and business operations.
- Assessed budget plans and present costs to forecast trends and recommend changes.
- Protected company assets with strategic risk management approaches.
Banking Center Manager
Company Name, City, State
- Adhered to established security procedures and reported potential fraud or safety violations to management for immediate recourse.
- Reviewed historical records, current operational data and forecasting information to identify and capitalize on system enhancement opportunities.
- Performed routine closings, maintained clean, accurate and accessible records and kept close eye on transaction updates throughout each quarter.
- Bank security expert
- Sales professional
- Business development expertise
- Customer service awareness
- Regulatory Compliance
Bachelor of Science: Finance,City, State
Top 4 Characteristics of a Best-in-Class Branch Manager Resume
- Summary Encourage the recruiter to read more about your qualifications by explaining your most impressive skills and professional achievements here. For example: “Diligent Branch Manager with record of increasing revenue and retaining loyal customers for bank branch serving 600 customers a day.”
- Skills Feature skills that tie in with a branch manager’s major tasks: handling staff, working well with customers, bringing in new business, and stimulating growth. Include both hard skills, such as knowledge of database programs or recordkeeping procedures, and soft skills, such as leadership, attention to detail, and team management.
- Work History Focus on key responsibilities and specific achievements from previous jobs rather than everyday tasks. Show how you’ve successfully used your best skills in situations that fit what the potential job wants. For example, if the job stresses budgeting ability, you could highlight a previous experience such as “Assessed budget plans, forecasting trends and recommending improvements.”
- Education Include your top education credential (e.g., a college diploma), along with the name of the college or institution — no need to include a graduation date. You should also include additional training or certifications in a related field, such as completing a Certified Branch Manager (CBM) program.
See Why My Perfect Resume is a 5-Star Resume Builder
Find the Right Template for Your Resume
Make sure your resume has the right professional look by using one of these customizable templates:
This polished layout uses subtle lines to separate each section, while the color fonts for the header and individual section headings draw attention to your most critical credentials.
This template features a splash of color for the header, while the neatly organized two-column layout allows you to provide plenty of detail on your skills and work history.
This straightforward design grabs attention thanks to its strong header. The streamlined layout conveys a sense of efficiency and competence.
Branch Manager Resume FAQs
1. How do you customize your resume to fit the job?
As no two jobs are the same, it’s important to customize your resume for each job you apply to. Follow these steps:
- Read the job description for key phrases that spell out the job’s major requirements (e.g., “Provides training on bank products and sales/service issues”).
- Match your abilities and experiences with these requirements, showing you have the skills and expertise in the right areas, particularly in your work experience and summary sections.
- Ensure all the skills, education, and work history examples you feature directly link to what the job needs.
For more tips, see our article How to Create a Targeted Resume.
2. What skills should you consider including in a branch manager resume?
- Bank security
- Sales management
- Business development
- Team leadership
- Detail-oriented approach
- Knowledge of account practices and systems
- Budget management
- Team leadership and mentorship
- Customer service
- Regulatory compliance
3. How should you update your resume for the next step in your career?
Gain experience in the following areas, and add them to your resume:
- Show your experience in mentoring and training team members.
- Advanced training or certifications that can be useful in the job, such as an Accredited Bank Branch Manager (ABBM) credential.
- Projects that highlight important skills such as managing complex transactions or financial product sales.
- Other responsibilities or achievements that highlight your leadership abilities.
4. What should be included in a branch manager resume header?
Feature your name and contact information, including your phone number, email address (keep it professional), and city and state of residence, as well as any related links, such as an online professional job networking profile or portfolio.
5. How should you format your resume?
Your resume format will depend on your work experience and skills:
- Chronological format: This format highlights work experiences and achievements and is best for jobs that require more than five years of experience.
- Combination format: Use this format if you can point to a few years of finance experience and relevant skills.
- Functional Format: If you have less work experience, highlight the training and skills you’ve already acquired using this format.