Best Customer Service Agent Cover Letter Example
- 30% higher chance of getting a job
- 42% higher response rate from recruiters
Our customers have been hired at:*Foot Note
Customer service agent cover letter (text)
Tucson, AZ 85701
April 26, 2023
Tucson, AZ 85701
Looking for a dynamic call center representative? Search no further because I am ready for the job. With over 13 years of experience as a call center representative, I will step in and make an immediate contribution to Ironclad Protection’s continued success.
You are seeking someone who can answer a high number of calls per hour and resolve issues quickly and that is exactly what I am prepared to do. As a call center representative, I maintain a high degree of professionalism while performing above expectations assisting over 100 customers per day and ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction. In addition, I am a critical thinker, a strong problem solver and a people person.
These experiences have strengthened my capabilities in critical thinking and problem-solving, including keen attention to detail and accuracy. My expertise in customer service, advanced filing techniques and multitasking abilities make me a great addition to your team.
I look forward to meeting with you in person this week and discussing the details of this position. In the meantime, please find my resume attached.
Thank you for your consideration.
How to format a customer service agent cover letter
A cover letter is an introduction to hiring managers. It allows you to show your personality, professionalism and expand on your resume accomplishments while making a human connection. It’s a lot for a one-page document, and we’ll help you create it!
Let’s start with the basics: the cover letter format.
Use the business format for your customer service agent cover letter
The standard business letter format is perfect for your customer service agent cover letter.
Use 1 and ¼ inch margins on all sides, single space and left alignment on your one-page document.
Your customer service agent cover letter example must also include:
- A header with your name, city, state, ZIP code and telephone number.
- A greeting: Use the person’s full name and avoid including titles, like Mr., Ms. Mrs, and use the hiring manager’s name or title. For example, “Dear John Smith.” In case you cannot find a person to address, Dear Sales Department.
- A simple closing: Keep it simple, “Best regards” or “Respectfully” will suffice.
Find the right cover letter template to ensure your customer service agent cover letter format is perfect. Our Cover Letter Builder will do the work for you and help you pass the application tracking systems (ATS). Your customer service agent cover letter will be ready in minutes.
How to write a customer service agent cover letter
Start with a compelling introduction
Be clear, concise and direct. Hiring managers will scan your letter in seconds; you should hook them from the start. Use an elevator pitch approach and present your strongest qualities, why you want to work for this company in this role and why you’re the best person for the job.
Use accomplishments to explain why you’re a great fit for the role
In one or two paragraphs, show what you bring to the table. Using examples of your accomplishments s to show your career experience and your hard and soft skills. Make these paragraphs strong by using action verbs and and keywords from the job description to explain.
Close with a call to action
Like our customer service specialist cover letter example, write a strong call to action., Politely and confidently invite the hiring manager to get in touch, thank them for considering your application and provide your contact information. Use clear and captivating language, be professional and showcase your enthusiasm for the role.
Do’s and don’ts for building a customer service agent cover letter
- Address the recruiter or hiring manager directly.
- Explain what attracted you to the company in one or two sentences.
- Customize your customer service agent cover letter for the job.
- Include keywords from the job description throughout.
- End with a clear call to action.
- Proofread your cover letter more than once.
- Write a generic customer service agent cover letter.
- Write more than one page.
- Use generic salutations, like “To Whom It May Concern.”
- Regurgitate your customer service specialist resume.
- Rely on automatic grammar or spell checkers.
- Write a fan letter, even if it is your dream job.