Your CV should highlight your skills and abilities while abiding by certain formatting standards, so you catch the attention of employers and eventually land an interview. Not only that, but your CV should be able to set you apart from your competitors as you go after a position that has multiple candidates. This business controller CV example can guide you as you craft your own CV or refine one that you currently have in your possession.
123 Fake Street, City, State, Zip Code
E: firstname.lastname@example.org P: 000-000-0000
Tenacious business controller who is capable of creating a variety of reports and forms on several types of business evaluation platforms. Excellent at business planning, researching new operational methods, and implementing strategies for greater profitability and efficiency. Impressive knowledge of basic accounting procedures and adept at managing teams ranging from 10 to 50 members. Specializing in technology companies and larger corporations with over five years of experience. Committed to continually refining processes to enhance the success of all departments in a business.
- Exceptional understanding of a variety of business methods, including planning, organization, and financial analyzing.
- Strong ability to work with all levels of management and provide findings to all applicable parties on an as-needed and pre-determined basis.
- Adept at project management with an excellent ability to identify reasonable goals and keep processes on track throughout.
- Dedicated to identifying areas where processes in individual departments can be improved and implementing procedures to enhance operations.
- Skilled with presentation and turning raw data into usable formats to be analyzed by a variety of departments.
- Head of a team that is responsible for looking into merger opportunities and reporting key findings back to management.
- Continually coordinate with department managers to identify inefficiencies and come up with ways to streamline day-to-day processes to meet long-term production goals.
- Conduct quarterly audits of all departments and transform findings into reports for higher management.
- Helped create new business policies after identifying where improvements could be made.
- Maintained a business process log and created a troubleshooting document on a monthly basis to provide to higher management.
- Came up with ways to combine business processes with computer processes into single methods.
- Conducted performance reviews with heads of departments on a quarterly basis to determine where pay raises should be distributed.
- Oversaw a department of 10 other employees and made sure they conducted business processes according to pre-determined procedures.
- Regularly met with heads of other departments to identify where processes could be combined for greater overall efficiency.
- Drafted company policies on making new hires, conducting performance reviews, and handling disciplinary actions.
I am a certified yoga instructor and enjoy teaching a few classes at my local gym on evenings and weekends. I also enjoy gardening in my front yard and growing produce based on the season. Additionally, I volunteer at a charity near my home that is responsible for putting together hygiene kits and needed supplies for refugees.
Business Controller Job Overview and Tips
What Does a Business Controller Do?
In the business world, controllers are responsible for staying on top of organization, financial, and management processes to ensure projects stay on track, and the day-to-day operations of the company remain profitable and efficient. These professionals may oversee departments, conduct performance reviews, manage projects, and put together reports to be used by upper-level management. Business controllers should have strong organizational and management skills, as well as excellent communication and analytic abilities. As you can see in this business controller CV example, these professionals manage a variety of activities on a regular basis while adhering to pre-determined business policies and standards.
Tips for Creating a Great Business Controller CV
When you write your own business controller CV, there are certain formatting guidelines you need to follow and information you should include to highlight your skills and abilities. Here are a few tips to keep in mind as you craft this important document:
- Your Hobbies and Interests section should give employers a glimpse into who you are, but stay away from including details, like your political or religious views, that are too personal.
- Make sure your Professional Summary is clear and concise while still highlighting your most favorable skills and abilities.
- Refrain from altering details to hide gaps in work history. Make your dates accurate and explain the reasoning behind these gaps if they come up during the interview.
- Focus on your communication skills and ability to manage teams while overseeing the efficiency of a department.
- Keep in mind that the way your CV is formatted can either grab employers’ attention or make them continue through a stack of applications.
More Resume Examples for the Next Step in Your Business Operations Career
- Business Development Associate Resume
- Business Management Resume
- Enterprise Management Trainee Resume
- General Manager Resume
- ISO Management Representative Resume
- Liaison Officer Resume
- Manager Resume
- Operations Manager Resume
- PMO Analyst Resume
- Risk Analyst Resume
- Salon Manager Resume
- Vendor Relationship Manager Resume
More Cover letter Examples for the Next Step in Your Business Operations Career
- Business Owner Cover Letter
- CEO Cover Letter
- Business Development Manager Cover Letter
- Executive Cover Letter
- Executive Director Cover Letter
- Manager Cover Letter
- Operations Manager Cover Letter
- Operations Supervisor Cover Letter
- Owner Operator Cover Letter
- Shift Manager Cover Letter
- Vice President Cover Letter
More Cv Examples for the Next Step in Your Business Operations Career
We can help you build your professional CV
- Professionally designed and formatted templates
- Expert suggestions for filling out every section of your CV, customized by job title
- Easily create different versions of your CV, customized for different jobs