Many employers rely on applicants’ curriculum vita to make the decision of who to hire. It can be difficult to feel prepared when applying for a job, but focusing on creating a strong CV will make it much easier to be hired. If you put in the effort to make your CV shine, you can apply with confidence. To get started on your own, review the following consultant CV example and included writing tips. If you follow the example, you can create a CV that will catch the attention of employers and easily communicate your skills and qualifications.
Build My CV
8569 Snowpeak Lane, Tulsa, OK 11111
E: TFargo@anymail.com P: 555-154-6885
Experienced business consultant with more than 15 years experience in the field of business operations. Innovative and committed business expert who has proven history of aiding and significantly improving the efficiency and success of numerous businesses. An individual who prioritizes working alongside clients in order to achieve the desired results in a quick and efficient manner. Familiar with all stages of project design and implementation in order to train or educate employees as necessary.
- Work with the executives of over 10 corporations in the last two years in order to improve success.
- Develop dynamic business plans to reinvigorate operations.
- Evaluate and appraise project design, overseeing execution to keep it on track.
- Improve the budget and profits of collaborated businesses by an average of 10 percent.
- Identify areas of potential improvement, submitting a report of inefficiencies and strategies for betterment.
- Reviewed financial data and created weekly reports for the CEO.
- Presented capital usage and recoup in monthly board meetings.
- Compiled and organized raw data into useful forms.
- Lead operations and oversaw all aspects of continued business.
- Met with management team weekly to ensure all employees were continuing to perform as expected.
- Created the schedule, guaranteeing the adequate labor requirements were met at all times
- Managed the marketing strategy, working alongside marketing staff.
- Organized and ensured the payroll was accurate every month.
I make an effort to volunteer my time twice a year with a charity marathon. I run daily in order to stay fit and ready for the biannual race. In my spare time, I make sure to read business magazines in order to stay informed of market trends.
Build My CV
Consultant CV Must-Haves
What Does a Consultant Do?
There are many different kinds of consultants, which means the duties and responsibilities that they have vary quite a bit. The key to a successful CV is to include information about your previous duties that relate directly to the exact kind of consultant you are applying to be, as shown in the consultant CV example. Consultants usually oversee current operations in order to make recommendations and draw attention to areas that are not operating as efficiently as possible. Business consultants may draft business documents, present at board meetings, and work alongside the management staff. Financial consultants are far more analytical and may never meet an employee from the company in person, instead analyzing raw numbers and submitting a written report. All kinds of consultants share communication as a vital part of their responsibilities. This means that communication is a safe skill to focus on in your CV.
Tips for Creating a Great Consultant CV
In addition to following the example of this sample CV, it is vital that your CV follows the standard format employers expect. These tips will help you in this regard:
– As opposed to resumes, your CV should include more personal information, including a section outlining your interests. Understanding the personality of applicants is especially important for consultant positions.
– The work history section is widely considered to be the most important. In addition to having the most information, it should be formatted a specific way. Begin with the most recent job and list the rest in reverse chronological order, making sure to begin each bullet point with a strong action verb.
– Do strive to keep your CV brief. It should only be one page unless you have been working for more than 10 years. In this case, it is acceptable to use two pages.
– Think about how your CV will compare to others like it. If it does not stand out, there is no reason for employers to choose yours.