To make it past the pile of CVs of other applicants and increase your chance of an interview, it is essential to have a strong curriculum vita. There are many important features of a stellar CV that catches the eye of potential employers.
Learn how to craft an excellent document through reviewing the nurse practitioner CV example below and reading our writing tips and guidelines. You will know what to include in the important sections, such as Education, Work Experience, and Professional Summary.
Build My CV
64349 Santa Fe Way , Lawrence, KS 11111
E: email@example.com T: 555-930-9458
Experienced nurse practitioner with over 15 years in the medical field. Dedicated to providing the best patient care possible through listening to patients and employing motivational interviewing techniques. Passionate about whole body wellness and preventative care, and trained in functional medicine. Practiced in a variety of health care settings, treating patients with a variety of illnesses and injuries. Team player ready to provide seamless collaborative care for patients.
- -Excellent verbal and written communication skills that assist in educating the patient and providing the highest level of patient care. -Background in functional medicine, providing a broader understanding of the interconnected complexity of diseases and the underlying causes. -Problem-solving and analytical skills, which assist in determining a diagnosis even with the toughest cases. -Strong interpersonal skills that help me work closely with other members of the care team for the best treatment plans. -Skilled in motivational interviewing, including the ability to listen closely to patients, learn more about their complaints, and provide better treatment options for enhanced patient compliance. -Effective at multi-tasking, and experienced in working in high-stress environments, including very busy medical clinics.
- Coordinate with physicians, specialists, nutritionists, and other medical staff to develop treatment plans for chronic conditions, including diabetes and heart disease.
- Provide patient education on lifestyle changes for preventing and/or treating chronic conditions.
- Organize monthly patient education events for the community that center on a variety of health topics, including nutrition, puberty, diabetes, heart disease, and sports injuries.
- Performed and analyzed lab tests to accurately diagnose patients and develop treatment plans, including lifestyle changes and prescription medication.
- Reviewed patient charts to have an accurate understanding of health history and current treatment protocols for enhanced care.
- Ranked highest in patient satisfaction scores over a course of several months and continually achieved higher than 95 percent on patient satisfaction surveys.
- Supervised a group of five nurses, which included creating schedules and ensuring all patients were handled according to clinic guidelines.
- Assisted medical personnel in providing the best patient care, including creating treatment plans with high compliance rates.
- Managed patient cases, ensuring that there was a continuum of care between physicians, specialists, and other practitioners.
I regularly run 5Ks for charities, especially for Breast Cancer Awareness. I manage community health programs that educate at-risk populations in preventing illness through dietary and lifestyle changes. I also volunteer at the local animal shelter, helping to find suitable homes for the animals and raise money to fund the shelter.
Build My CV
Nurse Practitioner CV Questions
Your CV should paint a complete picture of your career thus far. While you want to limit its contents to the experience, skills, and training that pertain to the medical field, a CV gives you the freedom to give more details than a resume would, as you do not need to keep your CV to just one page. Document your experience with the myriad of tasks involved in the nurse practitioner job, such as testing, diagnosis, treatment, education, and cooperation with other medical professionals.
The appearance of your CV’s header is important because it is the first thing prospective employers will see. Pay attention to spacing so the header doesn’t look crowded. As modeled on the nurse practitioner CV sample, feature your name prominently. In smaller font size, list your contact information. Indicate several ways to reach you. You can’t go wrong with including your mailing address, email address, and phone number. That way, no matter how recruiters prefer to contact you, the information they need is available to them.
Because this position requires a high level of training, your education section is vital to a quality nurse practitioner CV. Start by listing the highest degree earned and proceed from there in reverse chronological order. Note the nurse practitioner CV sample. The doctorate degree is the first listed in bold lettering, and the bachelor’s degree follows. Each entry should list the university where you earned the degree and when you completed it.
To set yourself apart from other applicants, you need to go beyond merely listing job duties or general responsibilities. Most nurse practitioners at similar points in their careers have performed the same jobs you have. To capture the attention of employers, find a way to turn basic tasks into achievements. For example, if you made quantifiable improvements to patient satisfaction or your clinic’s documentation practices, include those improvements in the bullet points under the position. List any practice you incorporated to improve the way you or your team served your patients. You can also include related volunteer work in your interests section.
The resume builder can help you create a customized CV similar to the nurse practitioner CV sample. Using this tool ensures that you don’t leave out any pertinent sections. It will take you through the process of crafting your professional summary and skills section, showcasing your most impressive qualifications for the job. Input information about your work experience, starting with the most recent positions and working backwards from there. Don’t forget to include your education section to establish that you have completed the appropriate training or your hobbies and interest section to share how you use your related skills in your free time.
Nurse Practitioner CV Must-Haves
What Does a Nurse Practitioner Do?
Nurse practitioners provide invaluable services as medical professionals, often working in community clinics, hospitals, physician clinics, and long-term care facilities. In most states, they are able to diagnose and treat illnesses, as well as prescribe medication. They will also typically spend time educating patients on chronic and acute illnesses and the treatment options, including any self-management.
It is common for nurse practitioners to order and interpret diagnostic tests, including blood work and x-rays. They will also coordinate care with other medical professionals, including physicians and specialists. Because of the education and training required, it is important to highlight these areas on your CV. You can get ideas of what else to add by looking at the nurse practitioner CV example.
Tips for Creating a Great Nurse Practitioner CV
When writing your nurse practitioner CV, keep the following tips in mind:
– Do not ruin a good CV by including any typos, false statements, or other errors. Be sure to proofread it several times before you send it out to potential employers.
– Focus your attention on your professional summary. This is where you have a chance to sell yourself and attract the eye of hiring managers.
– Do not simply detail the basic job responsibilities of a nurse practitioner, such as diagnosing and treating illnesses; also include information about your capabilities for providing quality patient care.
– Impart your other positive attributes by including relevant hobbies at the end of the document.
– It is beneficial to include quantifiable metrics in your work history, such as increased patient satisfaction or treatment success rates.