Experienced Hospital Chef with a passion for cooking enjoyable and healthy meals. Adept in timely ordering of new food items and in creating new dishes for patients based on dietary needs. Specializes in cooking for the vegetarian and vegan diets.
• Vegetarian cooking Experience
• Menu creation
• Compliant with FDA codes
• preparation of cold and hot meals
• Managerial Experience
• Food inventory
• Communication with nutritionists and doctors
November 2012 to March 2015
Cityland Hospital—New Cityland, CA Hospital Chef
• Trained new cooking staff.
• Modified ingredients in recipes as needed.
• Monitored food preparation and packaging.
• Catered to patients with special dietary needs.
• Supervised kitchen staff in cooking and cleaning.
• Developed standard weekly menu for hospital based on a tight budget.
• Ensured high-quality meals were delivered to patients.
March 2007 to October 2012
American Hospital—New Cityland, CA Hospital Chef
• Cooked and presented food for hospital patients.
• Demonstrated recipes to new employees.
• Ordered kitchen ingredients as necessary.
• Created meals for patients based on information from nutritionist.
• Catered to special requests by patients.
2006 University of California, New Cityland, CA Bachelor of Arts, Food Science