The Perfect Resume Builder for 2021
Our peerless Resume Builder is proven to get you hired 33% faster. Choose a refined template, select job-specific phrasing written by experts, and download your resume in the file format you need. It’s fast and simple!
Use Our Professionally Designed Templates
Create your resume using our expert-designed resume templates. From creative to professional designs that work for every kind of job, we’ve got you covered.
Check Out Our 5-Star Reviews
What Makes Our Resume Builder Great?
1. Professional, Customizable Templates
Stand out with MyPerfectResume’s eye-catching templates! Building a noteworthy resume has never been easier or faster.
2. Expertly Crafted Phrases
Don’t get stuck writing about your work experience. Create an impressive resume with our pre-written, industry-specific bullet points!
3. Popular Format Downloads
Need your resume in PDF, word, or an image file? You’re in control with multiple export and download options.
4. Optimize Your Resume
With resume score and resume check, we’ll rate the strength of your resume and guide you through actionable steps to make a resume that showcases your best professional self!
5. Customize Your Resume to The Job
Copy and paste a job description from any listing and get a job-specific resume match score. We’ll guide you through tailoring your resume for the job!
6. Up Your Application Game
With Smart Apply, we’ll help you find an opportunity, customize your resume, create a matching cover letter, and download your documents. We’ll even send you to the web page where you can apply!
Write With Confidence
Use these templates when applying to organizations with strong brands, and for jobs where you’re expected to have up-to-the-minute knowledge of business, technology or culture trends.
Resume Builder FAQ
1. What is the best resume builder?
Lots of resume builders promise a great product, but a truly good builder doesn’t just give you a bland template and stuff it with generic information. The best builders give you:
- A variety of resume designs
- The ability to adjust your resume layout and content to best match the job you want
- Expert job-specific tips and advice for each section that help you complete your document
- Tools that ensure your resume is free of mistakes, and easily create different versions of your resume for different jobs, all of which can be downloaded in the file formats employers prefer
2. What is ATS and why is an ATS-ready resume important?
Employers often use applicant tracking systems (ATS) to scan resumes, giving job candidates a passing grade based on the resume’s content. This means that presenting a “clean” resume that can be understood by ATS is crucial. The templates our builder uses are specifically designed to make sure your resume will be understood by ATS, and our content suggestions will help you create a document that contains the right info to impress an ATS scan.
3. Is it bad to use a resume builder?
Some claim that using a resume builder can result in a resume that lacks creativity or individuality. We beg to differ. Think of a builder as a “helper” that both saves you time and provides good advice when creating a resume. Instead of creating everything from scratch, a builder gives you layouts and content advice that can help focus your resume, resulting in a good-looking document that also provides the right insight into your qualifications and achievements. Use a builder that presents a wide range of templates, so your resume has the right “look” that stands out from the crowd.
4. How far back should a resume go?
Our general advice is that you should outline your last 10 years of professional experience in your resume, unless you’re applying for a job that requires even more experience. Employers usually prefer resumes that are two-pages long, at most.
5. How do you format a resume using our builder?
Before you even start using our builder, deciding on the right resume format is key. First, you should figure out which format works best for your resume: chronological, combination or functional. Then, using our builder, you can easily rename, move and organize your resume sections to fit the correct format. For example, a functional format will feature your skills and training up top, while a chronological resume will focus on your work history and career progression. For more help on deciding on a format, visit our handy resume formats page.
6. How long does it take to create a professional resume using our builder?
From start to finish, completing a resume using our builder only takes a few minutes! Just choose a template that fits the job you’re applying for and reflects your personality, follow our directions and suggestions for filling out each section, do a quick spell-check using our tools, save and download your resume, and you’re good to go! For more in-depth help and ideas for putting your resume together, visit our How to Write a Resume section.
7. What are the most common resume mistakes?
- Incorrect or irrelevant information: Always look over your content carefully and make sure that it’s accurate, and that it addresses the major requirements of the job you want.
- Using a “one-size-fits-all” resume: Every job is different, so create different versions of your resume to fit each job you apply to. Fortunately, it’s easy to create and save alternate versions of your resume in our builder.
- A layout that gets too “fancy”: You might want to throw in flamboyant fonts or graphic touches to make your resume stand out from the crowd, but it runs the risk of confusing employers and ATS scans. Stick to standard fonts and resume templates that incorporate creative touches that don’t sacrifice readability, using our templates.
8. How do I make resumes for different jobs using our Builder?
Creating different versions of your resume for different jobs is a snap — just update each section of your resume with skills and experiences that fit what each job requires, and save it as a new resume with a different title. Our builder also makes it easy for you to move sections around, highlighting the right aspects of your career, based on your resume format. Once done, you can download your resume in all the major formats, including Word documents, PDFs and even text versions.