The Best Free Online Resume Builder
Our professional Resume Builder is proven to impress hiring managers, getting you hired 33% faster. Choose a template, select job-specific phrasing written by experts, and download your resume in the file format you need. It’s fast and simple!
Professional Resume Templates for Every Industry
Create your resume in our resume maker using one of 40 expert-designed resume templates that hiring managers love. With several creative and professional resume designs, we have templates that stand out for any industry and job application. Choose a resume template from our library and make your resume in minutes.
Why Jobseekers Love Our Free Resume Builder
1. Professional, Customizable Templates
Our resume templates are professionally designed to be ATS friendly and impress recruiters. Your resume has never looked so good!
2. Expertly Crafted Phrases
Writing your summary statement, skills and work history is a breeze with our step by step guidance and our expert-written, industry-specific bullet points.
3. Popular Format Downloads
No matter what file format you need for your resume, we’ve got you covered. Choose PDF, Word, plain text, or image format and download!
4. Optimize Your Resume
Resume score and resume check calculate a resume strength score and provide you with step by step actionable guidance in our resume builder to create an exceptional resume.
5. Customize Your Resume to The Job
Paste a job description into our builder and see how your resume stacks up. We’ll guide you through improvements that will make your resume a great match!
6. Up Your Application Game
Let us do all of the heavy lifting with Smart Apply. Find a job opportunity on our platform, create a matching resume, customize a cover letter, and export directly to the site where you can apply.
Build Your Resume With Confidence
We’ve helped millions of jobseekers create professional resumes that get interviews. We know you’ll see our resume builder can do the same for you. Read what our customers have to say about their experience using our resume builder.
Resume Builder FAQ
1. What is the best free resume builder?
Lots of resume builders promise a great product, but a truly good builder doesn’t just give you a bland resume template and stuff it with generic information. The best resume maker (and not coincidentally MyPerfectResume’s resume builder) gives you:
- A variety of resume templates, designed by professionals.
- The ability to adjust your resume format and content to best match the job you want
- Expert job-specific tips and advice for each section that help you complete your document
- Tools that ensure your resume is free of mistakes, and the ability to easily create different versions of your resume for different jobs, all of which can be downloaded in the file formats employers prefer
2. What is ATS and why is an ATS-ready resume important?
Employers often use applicant tracking systems (ATS) to scan resumes, giving job candidates a passing grade based on the resume’s content. This means that presenting a “clean” resume that can be understood by ATS is crucial. The resume templates our resume maker uses are specifically designed to make sure your resume will be understood by ATS, and our content suggestions will help you create a document that contains the right info to impress an ATS scan.
3. Should I use a resume builder?
Some claim that using a resume builder can result in a resume that lacks creativity or individuality. We beg to differ. Think of our free resume builder as a “helper” that both saves you time and provides good advice when creating a resume. Instead of creating everything from scratch, a resume maker gives you layouts and content advice that can help focus your resume, resulting in a good-looking document that also provides the right insight into your qualifications and achievements. Use a resume builder that presents a wide range of resume templates, so your resume has the right “look” that stands out from the crowd.
4. How far back should a resume go?
Our general advice is that you should outline your last 10 years of professional experience in your resume, unless you’re applying for a job that requires even more experience. Employers usually prefer resumes that are two-pages long, at most.
5. How do you format a resume using our resume builder?
Before you even start using our free resume maker, deciding on the right resume format is key. First, you should figure out which format works best for your resume: chronological, combination or functional. Then, using our resume maker, you can easily rename, move and organize your resume sections to fit the correct format. For example, a functional resume will feature your skills and training up top, while a chronological resume will focus on your work history and career progression. A combination resume has a focus on both skills and experience. For more help on deciding on a format, visit our handy resume formats page.
6. How long does it take to create a professional resume using our free resume builder?
From start to finish, using our resume maker only takes a few minutes! Just choose a resume template that fits the job you’re applying for and reflects your personality, follow our directions and suggestions for filling out each section, do a quick spell-check using our tools, save and download your resume, and you’re good to go! For more in-depth help and ideas for putting your resume together, visit our How to Write a Resume page.
7. What are the most common resume mistakes?
- Incorrect or irrelevant information: Always look over your content carefully and make sure that it’s accurate, and that it addresses the major requirements of the job you want.
- Using a “one-size-fits-all” resume: Every job is different, so create different versions of your resume to fit each job you apply to. Fortunately, it’s easy to create and save alternate versions of your resume in our builder.
- A layout that gets too “fancy”: You might want to throw in flamboyant fonts or graphic touches to make your resume stand out from the crowd, but it runs the risk of confusing employers and ATS scans. Stick to standard fonts and resume templates that incorporate creative touches that don’t sacrifice readability, using our resume templates.
8. How do I make resumes for different jobs using the Resume Builder?
Creating different versions of your resume for different jobs is a snap — just update each section of your resume with skills and experiences that fit what each job requires, and save it as a new resume with a different title. Our resume maker also makes it easy for you to move sections around, highlighting the right aspects of your career, based on your resume format. Once done, you can download your resume in all the major formats, including Word documents, PDFs and even text versions.