Our customers have been hired at:*Foot Note
Customer service covers a wide range of jobs, from call center agents who directly deal with consumers to department managers who set the tone for an entire customer experience team.
No matter where you are in your customer service career, we can help you write a resume to beat the competition and obtain a great customer service job.
We’ll help you build the perfect customer service resume or CV and create an effective customer service cover letter to accompany it. Plus, we offer some great customer service resume examples, CV examples and cover letter examples to get you started.
Table of Contents
Resume examples for top customer service jobs
More customer-service resumes by job title
Cover letter examples for top customer service jobs
- Customer Service Advisor Cover Letter
- Customer Service Agent Cover Letter
- Customer Service Coordinator Cover Letter
- Customer Care Representative Cover Letter
- Customer Service Manager Cover Letter
- Customer Service Representative Cover Letter
- Room Attendant Cover Letter
- Service Advisor Cover Letter
- Service Coordinator Cover Letter
- Customer Service Specialist Cover Letter
- Team Lead Cover Letter
- Usher Cover Letter
CV examples for top customer service jobs
Our customer reviews say it best
Our resume builder makes it easy to craft an impressive, ATS-friendly resume in just minutes.
- Free professionally designed templates.
- Expert suggestions for every section of your resume.
- Start a resume from scratch or edit your existing resume.
Customer service resume FAQ
1. What is the ideal resume format for a customer service resume?
There are three standard resume formats. The one you choose should depend on your level of work experience and career goals.
- Functional format: Entry-level applicants will benefit from this format. The layout focuses on skills, allowing you to showcase everything you can do.
- Combination format: This format puts the skills and work experience on equal footing. It is a great option if you have a few years of professional experience.
- Chronological format: Ideal for seasoned professionals with many years of experience, this format showcases expertise through a detailed work history section.
2. What are some common skills required for customer service jobs?
Hiring managers for customer service jobs look for applicants who have a mix of soft and hard skills, specifically:
- Relationship building.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Business operations.
- Customer relationship management software.
- Time management.
- Verbal communication.
- Written communication.
3. Hiring managers for customer service jobs look for applicants who have a mix of soft and hard skills, specifically: Relationship building. Interpersonal skills. Networking. Business operations. Customer relationship management software. Time management. Verbal communication. Written communication. Diplomacy. Negotiation.
A bachelor’s degree is not always required for a job in customer service, but it will give you an edge over the competition. Most customer service professionals have an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in business administration.
4. Why should I use customer service resume examples?
Customer service resume examples can guide you when writing customer service resumes for various fields and professional levels. Plus, they can inspire you with ideas for choosing a customer service resume template and picking the best customer service resume format to showcase your qualifications.
5. What does the career progression for professional customer service look like?
The BLS projects about 389,400 openings for customer service representatives each year, on average, through 2023.
How we reviewed this article
Since 2013, we have helped more than 15 million job seekers. We want to make your career journey accessible and manageable through our services and Career Center’s how-to guides and tips. In our commitment to bring you a transparent process, we present our Editorial Process.
United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Outlook Handbook