Build Your CV
64349 Santa Fe Way , Lawrence, KS 11111
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 555-930-9458
Experienced nurse practitioner with over 15 years in the medical field. Dedicated to providing the best patient care possible through listening to patients and employing motivational interviewing techniques. Passionate about whole body wellness and preventative care, and trained in functional medicine. Practiced in a variety of health care settings, treating patients with a variety of illnesses and injuries. Team player ready to provide seamless collaborative care for patients.
- Coordinate with physicians, specialists, nutritionists, and other medical staff to develop treatment plans for chronic conditions, including diabetes and heart disease.
- Provide patient education on lifestyle changes for preventing and/or treating chronic conditions.
- Organize monthly patient education events for the community that center on a variety of health topics, including nutrition, puberty, diabetes, heart disease, and sports injuries.
- Performed and analyzed lab tests to accurately diagnose patients and develop treatment plans, including lifestyle changes and prescription medication.
- Reviewed patient charts to have an accurate understanding of health history and current treatment protocols for enhanced care.
- Ranked highest in patient satisfaction scores over a course of several months and continually achieved higher than 95 percent on patient satisfaction surveys.
- Supervised a group of five nurses, which included creating schedules and ensuring all patients were handled according to clinic guidelines.
- Assisted medical personnel in providing the best patient care, including creating treatment plans with high compliance rates.
- Managed patient cases, ensuring that there was a continuum of care between physicians, specialists, and other practitioners.
I regularly run 5Ks for charities, especially for Breast Cancer Awareness. I manage community health programs that educate at-risk populations in preventing illness through dietary and lifestyle changes. I also volunteer at the local animal shelter, helping to find suitable homes for the animals and raise money to fund the shelter.
Build Your CV
Nurse Practitioner CV Must-Haves
What Does a Nurse Practitioner Do?
Nurse practitioners provide invaluable services as medical professionals, often working in community clinics, hospitals, physician clinics, and long-term care facilities. In most states, they are able to diagnose and treat illnesses, as well as prescribe medication. They will also typically spend time educating patients on chronic and acute illnesses and the treatment options, including any self-management. It is common for nurse practitioners to order and interpret diagnostic tests, including blood work and x-rays. They will also coordinate care with other medical professionals, including physicians and specialists. Because of the education and training required, it is important to highlight these areas on your CV. You can get ideas of what else to add by looking at the nurse practitioner CV example.
Tips for Creating a Great Nurse Practitioner CV
When writing your nurse practitioner CV, keep the following tips in mind:
– Do not ruin a good CV by including any typos, false statements, or other errors. Be sure to proofread it several times before you send it out to potential employers.
– Focus your attention on your professional summary. This is where you have a chance to sell yourself and attract the eye of hiring managers.
– Do not simply detail the basic job responsibilities of a nurse practitioner, such as diagnosing and treating illnesses; also include information about your capabilities for providing quality patient care.
– Impart your other positive attributes by including relevant hobbies at the end of the document.
– It is beneficial to include quantifiable metrics in your work history, such as increased patient satisfaction or treatment success rates.