Build Your CV
1234 Huntington Drive,Albuquerque, NM 11111
E: email@example.com P: 555-111-2345
Dedicated teacher with more than 15 years of experience. Committed to acting not only as a teacher but as a mentor to my students. Ability to listen to students’ and parents’ concerns and find solutions that ensure students are learning to the best of their abilities. Adept in a range of teaching methods and able to establish clear objectives for my classrooms.
- Implemented unique teaching methods such as putting on plays or writing musicals to teach students about world history.
- Administered quarterly tests and used the grades to improve my own teaching methods.
- Hosted study groups twice per week.
- Engaged students in lively discussions to teach them American history as well as to help them gain the confidence to speak up and have their own opinions in class.
- Created trivia games and cooperation-based projects to help students learn history as well as get to know other students and learn to work well in teams.
- Met with parents and students to discuss how students could improve their study and testing skills.
- Designed games and worksheet packets to teach fourth graders about the history of their state in a fun and engaging manner.
- Planned and hosted field trips to local and state historical monuments to get a hands-on look at the state’s history.
- Hosted a history day in which students dressed up as their favorite person from the state’s history and taught other grades about their character’s contribution to society.
I have been coaching Little League since I began teaching in 2001. In addition, I coach junior varsity soccer and volunteer as a tutor after school. In my free time, I enjoy history museums, music and spending time with my wife and son.
Build Your CV
Teacher CV Must-Haves
What Does a Teacher Do?
Teachers are responsible for instructing students in groups or individually and using a variety of lectures, demonstrations, and other teaching methods to ensure students are learning. They must establish clear objectives and write their lesson plans accordingly in order to maximize their effectiveness in the given time. Teachers must be able to create rules for their classroom and enforce rules for both the classroom and the school. They should be comfortable meeting with students, guardians, and other teachers to discuss a child’s progress in school. Use the teacher CV example to help you focus on your own excellent skills to get the job you want.
Tips for Creating a Great Teacher CV
– Do use your professional summary to highlight skills that go above and beyond what a typical teacher does, such as hosting study groups or coming up with non-text methods of teaching.
– Don’t write in past tense when writing about your current job. Always write in present tense for a job you are currently working.
– Do begin each bullet in your experience section with a strong action word that draws the reader in and makes him want to keep reading.
– Don’t try to fit in too much information. Instead, focus on your college experience and the jobs you’ve held in the past 10 years.
– Do use concise language but be detailed when writing your CV.