Published On : February 08, 2017
If you don't have any job experience, and you're not sure how to write a resume that could convince a hiring manager to consider your job application, look no further. The perfect resume example and guide can help you create a winning resume for this type of situation.
Perfect Resume Example
5442 Elibank Road, York, PA 20040
Knowledgeable and detail-oriented recent graduate looking to work in online social media marketing and promotions. Excellent ability to develop branding messages that follow a specific corporate identity. Confident and skilled in all types of technology and mobile devices. Team player ready to bring a sense of enthusiasm and new ideas to your company.
Digital Literacy Skills
• Created postings in all types of social media, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and others
• Designed graphic images for projects and hobbies using Photoshop and digital camera equipment
• Filmed and edited digital videos using handheld cameras and computer editing equipment
• Wrote a series of feature articles focusing on unique individuals in the community
• Composed detailed research papers on a variety of topics
• Utilized APA, MLA and AP style interchangeably on request
• Developed effective forms of communication to members of the student body for news items
• Reviewed print sources using the campus library for several projects that required primary sources
• Used online resource databases to find information supporting a thesis
• Interviewed individuals regarding hot topics on campus
• Partnered with people throughout college career and found success on assignments
• Led team members to earn a high grade on a group project
Retail Associate, GAP, Wrightsville Mall, York, PA – 2014-2016
Sandwich Artist, Subway, York, PA – 2010-2014
Bachelor of Science in Media Writing, Dickinson College, Carlisle, PA – 2012-2016
• Graduated magna cum laude
• Achieved a 3.95 GPA
• Awarded a full academic scholarship upon admission
• Participated in organizing campus promotional events
• Volunteered at the local boys and girls club and provided mentoring services to young kids
What to Notice in a Perfect Resume Example: No Job Experience
Jobseekers who are lacking in the experience department have to figure out a way to play up their strengths. In the perfect resume example, the work history section is much smaller than a typical resume and the skills section has been expanded. This is one way to help highlight what you're good at and minimize the fact that you don't have much relevant job experience. Like other resume examples, one without extensive work experience should begin with a stellar summary statement. Since there isn't any industry background, it's acceptable to include your career objective in this short overview of what you can contribute. Then, you can go into much greater detail about yourself with an expanded skills section. Instead of simply listing your skills, follow the perfect resume example and organize a large number of skills by type. Focus on qualities that are essential for the job you're trying to get. Then, list your work history afterward with just the basic information, even if it's not related to the potential job opening. Don't worry about your previous duties and responsibilities. Finally, give more attention to your education section, and add more specifics about achievements in college.
Perfect Resume Example: At a Glance
• Strong Summary – For a situation where you don't have experience, use your summary statement to persuade the potential employer to give you a chance.
• Additional Skills – Provide evidence of your suitability for the job with a detailed glimpse of the skills you've learned through your life experiences.
• Basic Work History – Include any work history despite it not being related to your chosen industry to avoid skipping this section entirely.
• More Education Information – Go into further detail with information about your degree earned and academic achievements.