Kitchen Hand Cover Letter Example + Tips
Cover letters are just as important as resumes. A compelling and unique kitchen hand cover letter can help you appear more qualified than other applicants, just as a poorly written letter can impede your chances of getting an interview. It provides an opportunity to highlight your industry-specific and relevant accomplishments, experience, and skills. For helpful pointers on drafting an exceptional letter, read through this free kitchen hand cover letter sample and follow the valuable tips provided afterward.
Dear Ms. Lee,
My knowledge in managing all aspects of kitchen tasks combined with a positive attitude, safety-focused approach, and passion for food preparation and quality makes me an ideal candidate for the kitchen hand position at Tannan Restaurant Group.
I am highly skilled in kitchen cleanliness and can perform a variety of additional duties efficiently, such as preparing food and managing tables. Also, I have a demonstrated talent for maintaining stock inventory and records. My diverse experience has led to training in various cooking techniques, equipping me to substitute for line cooks when necessary.
Along with three years of hands-on experience, I have acquired a strong sense of duty, valuable interpersonal skills, and the ability to contribute to teamwork, even in high-volume restaurant environments. From preparing food and monitoring supplies to washing dishes and cleaning work stations, my background has equipped me with the ability to excel in this position.
I am eager to leverage my expertise to contribute to the success of your restaurant. Enclosed is my resume, and I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you for your time and consideration.
What to Include in a Kitchen Hand Cover Letter
Here are some helpful tips to help take your cover to the next level by starting with our free kitchen hand cover letter sample. First, eliminate clichÃ©s and always use a professional tone throughout the four-paragraph, single-page letter. Also, borrow job description language to specifically state why you are the best candidate for the position. When you summarize your information, invite the hiring manager to review your resume. Then, express appreciation in your conclusion.
Industry Specific Skills to Include
You must tailor your cover letter to your target audience. This free kitchen hand cover letter sample shows the advantage of combining skills with your experiences. Here are a few essential qualities for kitchen hands that you should consider adding to your cover letter.
● Communication skills: Kitchen hands must communicate clearly and efficiently with other staff members to ensure correct preparation of orders for customers.
● Dexterity: You need exceptional manual dexterity, such as proper knife techniques for dicing, chopping, and cutting.
● Stamina: As a kitchen hand, you will frequently work long shifts and sometimes spend entire evenings on your feet, preparing and serving meals.
● Time-management: You must efficiently manage your time to ensure the accuracy of meals and prompt customer service, particularly during busy hours.
More Resume Examples for the Next Step in Your Culinary Career
- Bakery Assistant Resume
- Chef Resume
- Cook Resume
- Deli Clerk Resume
- Dishwasher Resume
- Food Service Assistant Resume
- Head Chef Resume
- Indian Chef Resume
- Line Cook Resume
- Personal Chef Resume
- Pizza Chef Resume
- Restaurant Assistant Manager Resume
- Restaurant Chain Manager Resume
- Restaurant General Manager Resume
- Restaurant Manager Resume
- Restaurant Shift Leader Resume
- Restaurant Shift Manager Resume
- Restaurant Shift Supervisor Resume