A well-written CV is the first step toward making a good impression on hiring managers. Your CV should display your most desirable skills, training, and experience and must be formatted correctly. To help you start writing your own winning CV, we have created this professional treasury manager CV example and included some tips and tricks to implement into your own. Use these CV examples to help you get where you want to be in your career path.
123 Fake Street, City, State, Zip Code
E: email@example.com P: 000-000-0000
Talented treasury manager with 13 years of experience in the industry. Detail-oriented, highly organized individual who has worked with some of the largest companies in the state. A true team player who enjoys helping companies make the best financial decisions they can to meet and exceed their profit goals.
- Strong understanding of economics and accounting, including its principles, banking, analysis and reporting of financial data, and financial markets.
- Excellent command of the English language and ability to communicate effectively in person or via writing, including conveying thoughts as well as listening to the thoughts and ideas of others.
- Qualified leader who has guided dozens of treasury managers as they have entered the industry.
- Solid ability for critical thinking and using the proper tools to make the best financial decisions for a corporation.
- Proficient in a range of software, including The MathWorks MATLAB, Oracle PeopleSoft, and Delphi Technology.
- Demonstrated project management skills such as time management and the ability to lead a team.
- Analyze company financial information to forecast economic and industry conditions and make informed investment decisions based on findings.
- Prepare and implement plans of action for company investments based on analyses of financial markets and the current economy.
- Collaborate with company heads to attract new corporate clients.
- Evaluate the company’s long-term borrowing strategies and recommend methods of improvement.
- Presented oral reports to corporations in which economic and industry trends were discussed so the company could make informed financial decisions.
- Assessed risks against the potential return on investment for all financial decisions and recommended action based on findings.
- Developed and managed a talented cash management team.
- Assessed performance benchmarks and recommended modifications when necessary.
- Provided financial analyses and recommendations during corporate mergers and acquisitions.
- Directed, monitored, and traded investment portfolios including escrow, high-yield, and working capital.
- Reviewed market conditions and recommended investment policy changes based on findings.
- Developed, implemented, and provided routine evaluation for the company’s cash management system.
In my spare time, I offer my financial expertise by teaching free money management classes focused on budgeting and saving for low-income families. I also enjoy taking road trips, supporting local music, and exploring my city’s many metro parks. Of course, I also like to spend time with my partner, our daughter, and our St. Bernard.
Questions for Your Treasury Manager CV
How do you write the header of a treasury manager CV?
Provide your full name and the contact information that a prospective employer needs to get in touch in the header of your curriculum vitae. You may include a physical or mailing address or just give your current city and state of residence. Make sure that your email address is suitable for work and hosted by a reputable provider. It is a good idea to add either a home or personal cellphone number at which hiring managers or recruiters can reliably reach you.
How many skills should you put on a treasury manager CV?
You should list enough skills on your CV to give employers a sense of the scope of your abilities. The candidate on our treasury manager CV sample discusses six skills in considerable detail. It is a good idea to respond to the requirements of the manager position and mix in a few unique qualifications and soft skills. Aim for somewhere in the range of five to 10 skills. You have the option to structure this section with bullet points.
How should you present software knowledge on a treasury manager CV?
If the treasury manager position for which you are applying calls for specific software knowledge, you may mention your areas of proficiency in either your professional summary or skills section. Depending on the importance of these skills for the job you want, you might gesture toward software knowledge in your summary statement. The candidate on our treasury manager CV sample goes into detail about her proficiency with several types of software in her skills section.
How long should a treasury manager CV be?
Make your CV as easy as possible for prospective employers to skim. Even though the rules regarding CV length are more flexible than those for resumes, it is still a good idea to focus on information that indicates your ability to excel in a treasury manager position.
The candidate on our CV describes her skills and experience at length and her CV fits on two pages. Try our step-by-step resume builder if you want to avoid writing a document that is too long or would like to focus on the content of your CV by choosing a professional CV template.
How can you highlight team experience on a treasury manager CV?
The candidate on our treasury manager CV sample points out in her summary statement that she is a true team player. She then draws attention to her communication, project management, and leadership skills in the qualifications section. At least one point under her current and previous positions in her experience section involves teamwork. Depending on the significance of team experience for a manager position, you may want to emphasize your abilities in these sections of your own CV.
Treasury Manager CV Must-Haves
What Does a Treasury Manager Do?
A treasury manager is responsible for handling all aspects of a company’s cash flow. In addition to executing daily financial decisions, treasury managers determine the company’s financial goals and project long-term risk and reward trade-offs based on market, economic, and institutional trends. Managing relationships with financial service providers, developing cash management systems, and leading a cash management team are other typical job duties. Treasury Managers must be highly organized and comfortable making big decisions on a regular basis. They should have a strong understanding of accounting, investment portfolios, and investment strategies for the short and long term. More information about the expected job duties and responsibilities can be found in the attached professional treasury manager CV example.
Tips for Creating a Great Treasury Manager CV
By implementing the following guidelines on your CV, you can boost your chances of being called for an interview.
- Use your professional summary as your “hook” to draw in hiring managers. It should highlight your most important accomplishments, skills, and desirable personality traits.
- Avoid using phrases such as “responsible for” because they are not very strong. Instead, begin each bullet point with a strong action word.
- List information in reverse chronological order, placing your most recent experience and education at the beginning of their respective sections.
- Pay attention to your email address. Do not use one that is associated with your current employer and avoid using an unprofessional personal email address. Ideally, you should create one that uses your first and last name.
- Proofread your CV several times and read it out loud to ensure there are no spelling mistakes or awkward grammar issues. An unprofessional CV will not make the cut, regardless of how much training and experience you have.
We can help you build your professional CV
- Professionally designed and formatted templates
- Expert suggestions for filling out every section of your CV, customized by job title
- Easily create different versions of your CV, customized for different jobs