Boost your chances of finding your dream job with a CV that’s sure to make hiring managers stop and take notice of your experience, professional capabilities, and unique skillset. To help you in this task, it’s a good idea to take a look at a well-written cafÃ© manager CV example, much like the one found below. Be sure to use it as a guide and put the accompanying writing tips to good use to truly polish your very own CV to absolute perfection.
Build My CV
303 W. Iris Ave. Littleton, CO 33333,E: email@example.com
Devoted cafÃ© manager with a solid 12 years of experience managing large and small cafes in several different states. Unshakable dedication to bringing out the best in a restaurant and its employees while taking exemplary care of guests and all their dining needs. Well-experienced in every aspect of cafÃ© operation, including server, host, dishwasher, cook, and food runner, which gives me a firm idea of what it takes to keep a location up and running on a day-to-day basis as well as what to expect out of each of my employees.
- Customer-oriented and attentive when it comes to taking proper care of guests and responding to complaints.
- Business skills that allow me to successfully run my own restaurant, earn a profit, and set a budget for food, supplies, staff, and all necessary equipment.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills that make it easy to connect and build relationships with staff members and cafÃ© guests.
- Sharp organization skills give me the ability to create work schedules that accommodate everyone’s needs, create and adjust budgets as necessary, and properly manage staff.
- Physical stamina necessary to work on my feet all day with ease.
- Direct staff to make sure guests are well taken care of and that all food and drink meets or exceeds the cafÃ©’s standards.
- Hire, train, and supervise staff during daily operations of the establishment to see to it that they exemplify the cafÃ©’s overall culture and mission statement.
- Order supplies, equipment, and food as needed to keep inventory fresh, properly rotated, and well stocked.
- Manage portion sizes, food preparation practices, and general food and drink presentation.
- Visually inspected restaurant premises, equipment, and supplies before every shift to make sure everything was presentable and in working order.
- Made sure all employees followed the latest food safety and health standards.
- Increased monthly restaurant revenue by 7 percent by changing the prices of food items and adding more combos to the menu.
- Counted money at the beginning and end of shift, and made bi-weekly bank deposits.
- Investigated and resolved customer complaints, and made sure the guest left satisfied with the resolution.
- Worked with kitchen staff to make sure all orders were made on time and in a way that didn’t waste ingredients or supplies.
I’m an avid fan of attending local comic cons as well as a few out-of-state conventions to see my favorite comic book artists, writers, and actors while being around fellow fans. I also like cooking at home for my friends and hosting dinner parties when time permits. On the weekends, I can be found in the park practicing tai chi.
Build My CV
Cafe Manager Job Overview and Tips
What Does a CafÃ© Manager Do?
Sometimes referred to as a food service manager, cafÃ© managers are tasked with making sure an establishment’s kitchen and wait staff work together to take proper care of guests and each other. Managers are also responsible for hiring, training, and sometimes terminating employees. Depending on how busy the cafÃ© is, managers might have to act as servers, line cooks/chefs, dishwashers, or bussers to keep operations on track and see that the shift continues smoothly.
There are also administrative tasks associated with being a cafÃ© manager. The job might require individuals to take care of wages, taxing, and licensing paperwork; prepare payroll; see that employee records are in proper order; and keep accurate business records. If you’re stuck on which skills, education, and work experience to include in your own CV, be sure to refer to the cafÃ© manager CV example above.
Tips for Creating a Great CafÃ© Manager CV
Use these tips to properly format your CV for the best results:
– Don’t forget to draw attention to any relevant training, education, or certification you have that makes you a better qualified cafÃ© manager.
– Do use sentence fragments in your CV; doing so is perfectly acceptable.
– Don’t forget to use periods in your bullet lists if items end in complete sentences.
– Do add a few of your favorite hobbies and interests in your CV to give employees a more well-rounded image of your personality.
– Unless you’re a recent graduate, it’s best that you not include your GPA with your CV. You can, however, include educational honors with your document.