Job Description & Responsibilities
Your shift supervisor resume needs to show that you can manage a dynamic staff of employees, organize personnel schedules, act as a liaison between personnel and upper management, and have a clear understanding of human resources policies and procedures. When you submit your shift supervisor resume to a hiring manager, you’ll also want to include production numbers from your past supervisory positions. A shift supervisor is given a staff to manage and production goals to meet. Your shift supervisor resume should indicate the number of people you’ve managed in the past and how well you’ve been able to achieved assigned goals. When hiring managers look through shift supervisor resumes, they’ll be looking for the supervisors who can get results.
Education & Training
Outline your path to becoming a shift supervisor when you put together your shift supervisor resume. A hiring manager will want to see the skills you acquired as you were building up your shift supervisor resume. It helps to include any industry specific training you received as part of your shift supervisor resume. You’ll also want to mention any seminars or off-site training you’ve done on your own to enhance your career as part of your shift supervisor resume as well. A shift supervisor needs to have at least a high school diploma or equivalent. If you did go to a two or four-year college, then be sure to put that on your shift supervisor resume as well. Any additional educational background that you have will be important in your shift supervisor resume.
Pay Range & Shift Supervisor Resume Samples
The entry level pay for qualified shift supervisors is approximately $30,100 per year. An experienced shift supervisor will average approximately $79,900 per year. We have a variety of shift supervisor resumes available for you to use. We invite you to take a look at our complete selection of shift supervisor resumes and find the format that’ll put your qualifications on display for hiring managers to see.
Recipe for the Perfect Shift Supervisor Resume
94/100 – MyPerfectResume Score
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Recipe Yield: 1 Perfect Shift Supervisor Resume
Calories: 0 Calories
Fat: 0 grams fat
- 1 Contact Information Section
- 1 Shift Supervisor Summary Section
- 8-10 Restaurant Highlight Skills
- 2-4 Shift Supervisor Work Experience Sections
- 1-3 Education Sections
- Include the Shift Supervisor experience, skills and education the employer requires, but present that information in a concise and easy to read fashion.
- A Shift Supervisor resume summary should be concise and to the point. Try to define your Restaurant skills and accomplishments in an action oriented description with quantifiable results. And do it in three sentences or less.
- List your previous Restaurant jobs with the most recent first. Each job is its own sub-heading, comprised of company name/location, period of employment, and job title.
- It’s how you list your Shift Supervisor accomplishments beneath the job that counts. By creating 3-6 bullet points that begin with action verbs and, if possible, end with quantifiable results, you’ll catch the eye of a potential Restaurant employer and allow them to see you in action and as a part of their organization.
- As you list your education, put the highest level attained first. The only information the potential employer needs at this point is the school attended, school location, and degree obtained.