The exciting world of restaurant work can be a great place to begin a new career. If you’re looking to start your job search at a restaurant, you’ll need to make sure you have a great CV that advertises your biggest strengths. With as many job applications that come through a restaurant, hiring managers want to see how someone can stand out in a well-written CV. Knowing what to include and what to omit can be tricky, so you should follow the lead of the kitchen steward CV example shown below.
Build My CV
457 Massachusetts Avenue, Washington, DC 11111
E: email@example.com T: 555-577-0574
Reliable and professional kitchen steward with 13 years of experience working in restaurants. Strong knowledge of restaurant kitchen cleanliness standards and best practices for keeping things sanitary. Commitment to following all safety procedures and company policies when working with kitchen equipment and tools. Dedicated work ethic and focus on completing each assigned task the right way. Motivated self-starter who has the ability and the desire to work as part of a successful team.
- Operate the machine dishwasher during busy breakfast, lunch, and dinner shifts to keep a constant supply of clean dishes and utensils for staff.
- Wipe and clean up surfaces in and around the dishwashing machine throughout the shift and during closing time.
- Pick up extra shifts when needed in a variety of other restaurant kitchen positions, such as busboy, host, kitchen prep, or bar back.
- Stacked and put away clean dishes, utensils, pans, and pots after dishwashing cycle was finished so dining room and kitchen area were well stocked.
- Cleaned the trash area around the outdoor dumpster by breaking down boxes for recycling, removing debris on the ground, and emptying kitchen trash cans.
- Awarded employee of the month three times during employment with the restaurant because of excellent work ethic and attitude.
- Cleared and washed all restaurant dishes, cups, pans, containers, and silverware in a busy chain restaurant during dinner shifts.
- Replenished takeout containers, condiments, sugars, salt and pepper shakers, and napkins throughout the restaurant.
- Achieved a 98 percent score on restaurant cleanliness inspection when shift supervisors came through the dishwashing station periodically.
During my time off, I spend many hours at some of the community theaters around Washington. I focus my time on writing and directing original plays. Since I graduated high school, I have directed 15 plays and written 10. My plays focus on comedy and black humor about life in a political town, such as Washington, DC.
Build My CV
Kitchen Steward CV Must-Haves
What Does a Kitchen Steward Do?
In the restaurant business, a kitchen steward plays an important role in helping the facility operate and handle a large flow of customers. The kitchen steward CV example shows jobseekers some of the typical duties that are possible for this job. For most restaurants, kitchen stewards operate the dishwashing station in the kitchen. As the wait staff brings dirty dishes, glasses, and silverware to the station, the kitchen steward must rinse each item off and load it into the machine. After dishes are mechanically washed and dried off, kitchen stewards must unload items and restock them in the appropriate places. Kitchen stewards may also have to empty and change trash cans throughout a busy restaurant shift. At the conclusion of the shift, they are responsible for cleaning and sanitizing their station and other parts of the facility.
Tips for Creating a Great Kitchen Steward CV
Making your CV great means you’ll need to develop a marketing and sales approach or attitude. Here are some tips to help you know how to do this:
– Focus your CV on each individual job you’re trying to secure instead of making one general CV for an entire industry.
– Draw a hiring manager’s attention in your CV’s opening, the professional summary, by listing your greatest skills and accomplishments.
– Explain how you have experience working in a dishwashing station and describe some of the machines you’ve operated in this role.
– Detail the importance of cleanliness and give examples of some of your achievements related to this.
– Describe your work habits and highlight your strong work ethic and your desire to pitch in whenever needed in the restaurant.