Build My Resume
123 Fake Street, City, State, Zip Code
E: firstname.lastname@example.org P: 000-000-0000
Experienced trade marketing manager with more than 11 years of experience in commercial distribution. Creative innovator with ability to problem solve while staying focused on the primary goal. Able to direct, collaborate with, and support team members for successful marketing endeavors.
- * Experience in analysis of trade data
* Thorough familiarity with retail and marketing solutions
* Proficient in Microsoft Office and sales software
* Excellent ability to recognize and adapt to consumer trends
* Great multi-tasker with excellent organization skills
* Analytical abilities complement creativity
* Field sales and trade show experience
* Present campaigns for products, highlighting key features and benefits.
* Spearhead 14 marketing initiatives according to sales requirements.
* Implement marketing strategies, supporting marketing teams throughout.
* Plan promotional activities, monitoring related activities.
* Initiate ways to increase promotion effectiveness, scheduling trade promotions.
* Identify retail strategies and develop team goals around them.
* Collaborated with trade and marketing teams, brainstorming strategies to improve optimization.
* Tracked project success for eight projects, ensuring compliance with federal and global requirements.
* Monitored results of trade promotion activities and projects.
* Prepared records of promotional activities, kept track of the same records as well as made them available to authorized personnel.
* Forecasted and monitored all sales and relevant data.
* Tracked market conditions, offering recommendations for trade promotion plans.
* Processed requests for reimbursement and funds for field sales personnel.
* Attended team meetings with marketing and communications personnel for creation of marketing materials.
* Conducted performance testing for marketing programs to note areas where improvement was needed, increasing optimization by seven percent.
* Contacted customers to gather information, recommending adjustments to programs.
* Prepared materials for promotions and implemented campaigns.
Build My Resume
15 Tips to Write Your Trade Marketing Manager Resume
1. Avoid the mistake of using this like an objective statement; employers know you want to be hired. Instead, offer a quick description of your qualifications.
2. Choose some of your most impressive skills and achievements, including any selling personality traits, to highlight.
3. Another mistake to avoid is writing “years experience.” Use “years of experience” or “years’ experience” instead, as seen on the trade marketing manager resume template for Word.
4. Limit this section to just three sentences or bullet points, and feel free to use sentence fragments.
5. This is a great place to tailor your resume to each employer, choosing keywords and phrases directly from the job description.
6. Keep your statements short, and Don’t add end punctuation.
7. Make sure you list relevant skills. Hobbies and outside interests can be shared later, but aren’t likely to be valuable on your resume.
Work Experience Section
8. Begin with your current job and work in reverse chronological order. Be sure you’re using present tense to describe your current job and past tense for the other positions.
9. Pack this section full of strong action words. Look for some great examples in the trade marketing manager resume template for Word.
10. Only use abbreviations if they are well-known. If you aren’t sure, list the full name first, and then use the abbreviation.
11. Include metrics to give potential employers a specific view of your accomplishments. For example, the applicant for trade marketing manager used specific numbers and percentages.
12. Avoid writing a boring resume by using a variety of different verbs.
13. Just as in the trade marketing manager resume template for Word, list school achievements in reverse chronological order so the most recent is first.
14. Keep this section relevant. For example, if you’ve earned a college degree, you Don’t need to include your high school career.
15. If you have additional certifications or licenses, you can include them here or create another section.
The time and effort you put into creating a strong and influential resume will be well worth it when you get a request for an interview. Consider this document an introduction to your very best qualities; hiring professionals often scan quickly through a stack of resumes, making snap decisions. While it may take some hard work and focus, you’ll be glad to have a perfected document. Use the trade marketing manager resume template for Word as a starting point. In the end, you’ll be closer to the successful close of your job search.