Top Copywriting Cover Letter Examples
- 30% higher chance of getting a job
- 42% higher response rate from recruiters
Our customers have been hired at:*Foot Note
You’ve made a career out of your passion for words and interest in marketing. Knowing what to say backed by data is your forte. Time to write a cover letter to showcase your storytelling skills, ability to connect and product knowledge.
Our customer reviews say it best
Say hello with the best cover letter
Use our cover letter examples as inspiration to write a perfect cover letter with our Cover Letter Builder. We guide you through each section of your cover letter and provide expert phrases you can include in just a few clicks.
Copywriting Cover Letter FAQ
1. What are some common skills required for copywriting jobs?
- Basic HTML & CSS
- A/B Testing
- Editing and proofreading
- Email marketing
- Product knowledge
- Cultural competence
- Performance metrics
- Foreign language & level of proficiency
2. What’s the ideal format for a copywriting cover letter?
A copywriting cover letter format is the same as a professional business letter format, which includes header, salutation and closing. The body paragraphs are divided in:
- Compelling introduction
- Body paragraph explaining what you bring to the table
- Closing paragraph with a thank you and a call to action
Use action verbs and keywords from the job description to write the body of the letter. Make the writing process easier by using a professionally designed cover letter template and our Cover Letter Builder.
3. What qualifications and certifications do employers look for in the copywriting industry?
Copywriters pursue degrees in languages, communications and journalism. Back up your skills with certifications. For example, a Content Marketing Institute Content Marketing Certification, a Digital Marketer Copywriting Mastery Certification or an AWAI Verified Copywriting Specialist badge, among others.
4. What is the outlook for employment in the copywriting industry?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, copywriting occupations are projected to grow 4% during this decade, with 15,200 job openings each year.
How we reviewed this article
Since 2013, we have helped more than 15 million job seekers. We want to make your career journey accessible and manageable through our services and Career Center’s how-to guides and tips. In our commitment to bring you a transparent process, we present our Editorial Process.
Bureau of Labor Statistics