Sales Cover Letter Examples
If you want a resume that outshines all others, be sure to use the MyPerfectResume Cover Letter Builder. In a matter of minutes, you’ll have a flawless example of just how incredible you are as a potential hire.
Our customers have been hired at:*Foot Note
The Business of Sales
When you work in sales, you have to sell stuff. In order to accomplish this objective, you must:
- Understand the features and benefits of the product you are selling
- Show or demonstrate the product to potential customers
- Persuade customers to buy the product
- Complete the necessary paperwork to close the sale
- Maintain a friendly, helpful demeanor
- Analyze customer needs and suggest product improvements that fit the market
Sales Cover Letter Requirements
Before you are qualified to sell anything else, you have to be able to sell yourself. Your sales cover letter needs to convince potential employers that you are the one they want to hire. Because sales is a competitive field, your cover letter needs to impress. There is no such thing as a sales cover letter that is too brag-y, so talk yourself up.
While you don’t need a college degree for an entry-level sales position, a bachelor’s in finance or marketing will give you a distinct edge and will qualify you for more advanced positions. But regardless of your educational background, your sales cover letter needs to convince employers that you possess the following characteristics:
- A likeable personality: If customers like you, they are more likely to return to your company with their business.
- Strong communication skills: You need to be able to explain product features to customers.
- Passion for selling
- Negotiating skills
Sales Advancement Opportunities
Sales is a competitive world where only the strong survive. The average sales representative makes almost 55,000 dollars annually, but low earners earn only slightly over 25,000 dollars. However, high earners make comfortable six-figure incomes. Many sales positions are commission-based, so the more you sell, the more you make. Since a successful sales career begins with selling yourself, check out the sales cover letter sample below for more help.