Build Your CV
3235 Patterson Street, Houston, TX 11111
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 555-954-3586
Expert English literature and language university professor with more than 22 years of experience teaching at the college level. Distinguished record of publication in academic journals all over the world. Commitment to helping university students develop their full potential in their studies. Strong philosophy of teaching, and knowledge of many different methods to motivate students to develop their expertise in specific areas. Dedicated partner to university programs and outreach events that help promote learning and support the community.
- Promote classroom discussion by suggesting topics, modeling best practices when analyzing literature and language, and interjecting when necessary.
- Develop instructional content focusing on specific time periods in English literature or individual author studies.
- Assess students throughout the semester with a series of literary analysis papers, with a 97 percent rate of skills improvement.
- Participated in English literature and language study events and conferences throughout the nation to develop additional expertise.
- Instructed freshman students in college composition studies, maintaining a 90 percent average rate of proficiency in the course.
- Collaborated with other department colleagues to promote English literature and language events throughout the year on the campus, such as author readings and book clubs.
- Counseled English majors about individual progress, and gave advice about the appropriate course of study.
- Evaluated student research writing and other work using university and department standards for composition.
- Published a series of literary essays analyzing different themes in the early work of William Shakespeare and his contemporaries.
Outside of my professional publishing experience, I am also a skilled fiction writer. I have a collection of novels published in the women’s fiction genre. I first began publishing during my senior year of college, and I have been successfully writing and publishing a novel per year since then. During the summer, I spend time touring different regions and attending author readings and book signings for my readers.
Build Your CV
University Professor CV Must-Haves
What Does a University Professor Do?
University professors provide learning experiences to students in postsecondary education, as shown in the university professor CV example. Professors typically have expertise in one subject area and spend their days teaching classes. In the classroom, they may facilitate discussions, assign classwork, or monitor assessments. In their planning time, professors develop strong instructional opportunities for each subject, using university curriculum standards and subject matter expertise. They may also hold office hours to advise students about their grade or progress in the course. Professors additionally offer advice about research projects. They also have a responsibility to the college community to publish important writings or research to help promote academic achievement in the organization.
Tips for Creating a Great University Professor CV
Your dream of working for a top university can finally happen if you make your CV better than the others. Here are some ways you can achieve this important goal:
– Proofread your CV several times before you even think about sending it; it may also be wise to have a colleague review it and offer feedback.
– Provide compelling reasons why you should be hired in a well-written professional summary that shows off your best characteristics.
– Focus your CV on a specific open position and university by carefully reading over the job posting on the college’s website.
– Explain how you have helped students improve their analysis skills and writing knowledge with specific details.
– Give examples of your ability to teach and deliver effective instruction in the classroom by listing details in your work history and skills section.