There is no taking back a first impression. In the employment world, your first impression needs to be strong, exemplary, and show who you are, not only as a worker but as a person. In many cases that first impression may come from your CV. One of the best ways you can create an attention-grabbing CV is by looking at an advertising account executive CV example, like the one shown below. It can help you understand best practices when it comes to your CV and job applications, from format to items you should include to items you should never mention.
123 Fake Street, City, State, Zip Code
E: email@example.com P: 000-000-0000
Skilled advertising account executive with 14 years of experience fostering long-lasting client relationships. Successfully close and manage multiple high-profile multimillion-dollar accounts with great results. Enjoy taking a leading role in building clients’ businesses by introducing new, innovative strategies to achieve revenue goals. Excel in multi-channel advertising, contract negotiations, and strategic planning.
- Excellent knowledge of CRM, publishing, photo imaging, and video editing software to assist with effectively producing client campaigns.
- Social perceptiveness, time management, and critical thinking skills create an ideal client experience that regularly brings in referrals and repeat clients.
- Extensive understanding and knowledge of communication, media production, and dissemination methods to give clients the best possible experience and results.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills allow me to work well with both colleagues and clients by effectively voicing both goals and expectations.
- Deep passion for creative thinking and development of original ideas that reach client’s customers in new ways.
- Advise clients in strategic planning moves to give them the greatest ROI on their advertising dollars.
- Provide marketing strategy and implementation for multiple service firms, including accounting, medical offices, legal, and engineering firms.
- Increased client base by 23 percent in target group.
- Negotiate improved contract scenarios and manage customer concerns and disputes for critical accounts.
- Unified three acquired brands and spearheaded their brand development and websites.
- Managed account base of more than 300 clients with over one million dollars in direct revenue responsibility.
- Attended trade shows to demonstrate services and draw in new clients.
- Exceeded plan expectations by 19-27 percent every FY.
- Managed all aspects of marketing campaigns for multiple small business clients.
- Created public relations programs, engaged media, wrote press releases, and coached clients for desired outcomes.
- Excelled in website development management; oversaw design and content of all client pages.
- Researched potential clients’ products and marketing needs prior to meeting.
In my spare time, I love to paint, sketch, and be creative in just about any way I possibly can. You can frequently catch me with my nose in a book, learning about famous artists, architecture, travel, and enjoying the latest story. I feel it is vital to give back to the community, so I volunteer as an after-hours on-call victim advocate for the local rape crisis center.
Advertising Account Executive Job Overview and Tips
What Does an Advertising Account Executive Do?
A marketing account executive is responsible for interacting with select groups of targeted customers to help increase exposure to products and services, maximizing profits. They do this through implementing campaigns that they design to create the most exposure and to have the greatest effect on the purchasing decisions of their select groups. In a typical day, you may meet with clients to discuss a current campaign, engage in the creative process in a group setting with other members of your team, or research potential clients for future business association. Because this position involves working closely with clients to achieve their goals, it is important to include your communication skills and experience. You can get a greater idea of what to include in your CV by viewing our advertising account executive CV example.
Tips for Creating a Great Advertising Account Executive CV
As you develop your advertising account executive CV, keep the following tips in mind for best results:
- First impressions matter, so your Personal Summary should really draw hiring managers in and keep them reading. You may consider mentioning how often you exceeded your FY goals, your best skills, and your strengths within the industry.
- Including personal information, such as your hobbies and interests, can help you become a person to a hiring manager instead of just another name and set of qualifications on a page. You could list your favorite activities, hobbies, and volunteer experience.
- Keep your work experience short and to the point. Write your experience at your current position in present tense, but all of your previous positions in past tense.
- Stick to acceptable formatting standards for your CV. Using a small font or crowding your sections into small blocks will make your CV unreadable, and chances are no hiring manager will even attempt to read it.
More Resume Examples for the Next Step in Your Marketing Career
- Brand Manager Resume
- Campaign Field Director Resume
- Communications Specialist Resume
- Conversion Optimization Specialist Resume
- Marketing Coordinator Resume
- Ecommerce Business Analyst Resume
- Ecommerce Marketing Manager Resume
- Marketing Manager Resume
- Media Planner Resume
- Marketing Merchandise Associate Resume
- Product Manager Resume
- Public Affairs Specialist Resume
- Seo Analyst Resume
- Social Media Manager Resume
- Sponsorship Executive Resume
- Strategic Accounts Manager Resume
More Cover letter Examples for the Next Step in Your Marketing Career
More Cv Examples for the Next Step in Your Marketing Career
- Advertising Account Manager CV
- Business Development Executive CV
- Communication Officer CV
- Digital Marketing Executive CV
- Marketing Executive CV
- Marketing Coordinator CV
- Marketing Officer CV
- Online Campaign Manager CV
- Pricing Analyst CV
- Product Manager CV
- Public Relations Officer CV
- Technical Manager CV
- Trade Marketing Manager CV
We can help you build your professional CV
- Professionally designed and formatted templates
- Expert suggestions for filling out every section of your CV, customized by job title
- Easily create different versions of your CV, customized for different jobs