When you’re applying for jobs, the information you put in your CV and the way you format it can help you or hurt you in your search. Because of this, it’s important to know best practices for creating a CV. Use the community manager CV example here to get ideas for creating your own CV. You’ll learn what sections to include in your CV and how to talk about your job history and skills. With the tips and CV example included here, you’ll have a better chance of impressing employers and being hired for a position that fits your skills.
123 Fake Street, City, State, Zip Code
E: email@example.com P: 000-000-0000
Outgoing, personable community management professional skilled at maintaining orderly operations in large apartment complex settings. Expert leader with a history of progressively increasing responsibility in community management positions, knowledge of local real estate, background in accounting, and experience collecting and processing rent payments. Able to manage current residents and promote apartment complexes to potential residents. Can-do attitude and excellent team player. High emotional intelligence and sensitivity to the needs of clients.
- Excellent mathematical and organizational skills
- Advanced accounting knowledge and experience with accounting software
- Experience working as part of a team and leading large teams
- Fantastic customer service abilities
- Experience showing units to potential tenants
- Flexible and able to think quickly in stressful and fast-paced environments
- Extensive knowledge of South Carolina real estate market
- Manage team of seven entry- and mid-level community managers and leasing assistants.
- Handle day-to-day operations in a 200-unit luxury apartment complex.
- Resolve 100 percent of escalated rent collection issues.
- Maintain a 98 percent tenant satisfaction rate for the apartment complex.
- Carry out regular inspections to identify maintenance issues and keep apartments safe and up-to-date.
- Attain considerable cost-savings with the implementation of a new accounting software.
- Processed maintenance requests from initial contact with resident to follow-up satisfaction survey.
- Worked with prospective residents and engaged with current residents.
- Assisted in lowering resident turnover and increasing renewal rate from 50 percent to 65 percent.
- Handled schedules of three other entry-level community managers on my team.
- Improved office filing practices and reduced resource waste by 50 percent.
- Managed front office and served as the face of the apartment complex for all individuals with leasing inquiries.
- Organized office files, including new tenant applications.
- Processed payments and kept detailed records of rent payment history.
- Planned and implemented new resident get-together events, resulting in an increase in positive online reviews about the apartment complex.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team to achieve key business goals.
Advanced marathoner active in the Southeast running/marathon scene. Strong interest in local history. Engage in volunteer work as downtown history tour guide once a month.
Community Manager Job Overview and Tips
What Does a Community Manager Do?
Community managers help manage the day-to-day operations of properties such as apartment complexes or rented houses or condos for a property management company. Duties of a community manager may include handling maintenance and upkeep of the rented units and collecting rent payments from tenants. Community managers may also do routine inspections of properties to indicate whether maintenance or repairs will need to be carried out. Community managers might also be involved with homeowners’ associations and may be responsible for residential or commercial properties. It is important that community managers have excellent communication skills and be able to provide top-notch customer service to potential and current tenants. Community managers also benefit from experience with accounting and understanding of laws governing their industry. Community managers might also be called property or apartment managers. Use the community manager CV example and highlight some of these skills in your own CV.
Tips for Creating a Great Community Manager CV
Writing your first CV for a community manager job? Be sure to use these tips and our CV maker:
- Do talk about any accounting and clerical skills you have in the Professional Summary section of your resume. In addition to these, you should include a few more job-specific skills as well as some information about soft skills, such as communication abilities.
- Don’t forget about numbers and metrics when writing your job history. Employers want to see hard evidence of what you have achieved in past community management positions, so use your bullet points to talk about how many units you managed, how many staff members you were responsible for, improvements you helped make to the renewal rate, and so on.
- Do talk about your personal hobbies. Resumes may not be an appropriate place to do this, but in CVs you can include information about things you like to do outside of work. Remember to stay away from potentially divisive topics like religion or politics in this section.
- Do include any internships or certifications related to community management. Information like this can be quite attractive to potential employers.
More Resume Examples for the Next Step in Your Social Services Career
- Behavior Technician Resume
- Behavioral Therapist Resume
- Case Manager Resume
- Case Worker Resume
- Child Protection Social Worker Resume
- Community Development Worker Resume
- Community Health Worker Resume
- Community Outreach Specialist Resume
- Community Service Coordinator Resume
- Counselor Resume
- Disability Support Worker Resume
- Domestic Violence Counselor Resume
- Drug And Alcohol Counselor Resume
- Human Service Worker Resume
- Humanitarian Aid Worker Resume
- Job Coach Resume
- Life Coach Resume
- Juvenile Probation Officer Resume
- Rehab Aide Resume
- Social Worker Resume
- Volunteer Resume
- Medical Social Worker Resume
More Cover letter Examples for the Next Step in Your Social Services Career
More Cv Examples for the Next Step in Your Social Services Career
We can help you build your professional CV
- Professionally designed and formatted templates
- Expert suggestions for filling out every section of your CV, customized by job title
- Easily create different versions of your CV, customized for different jobs