123 Fake Street, City, State, Zip Code
E: firstname.lastname@example.org P: 000-000-0000
Dedicated and energetic bakery assistant with a passion for flavor and a love for creating. Professional and dependable with more than 10 years of experience working at a bakery. Excellent instincts when working in the kitchen and making delicious baked goods. Steady hand and a flair for artistry when decorating cakes and cupcakes for parties and weddings. Incredible ability to multitask and take on different responsibilities to help make a fast-paced bakery increase its production.
- -Highly capable of using kitchen equipment in the industrial or retail bakery setting, such as commercial mixers, ovens, chef’s knives, molds, and spatulas.
- -Talented cake decorator with an ability to do fancy lettering, flowers, buttercream decor, and fondant design.
- -Excellent at managing several tasks at once, such as baking four or five cakes at the same time in different ovens.
- -Committed to proper sanitation techniques when working in the kitchen to avoid unsafe working environments or food products.
- -Proud to support a team in a kitchen or bakery environment and help out on other related tasks as needed.
- Mix ingredients together using store recipes for baked goods in the bakery department of a major grocery store chain.
- Monitor ovens, ingredients, and temperature gauges to determine doneness of each cake, pie, or batch of cookies.
- Achieve the weekly production number goal for the bakery by focusing on each individual task and not making mistakes leading to food waste.
- Developed a reputation in the bakery for beautiful cake design, and received regular custom cake requests from customers for parties or weddings.
- Prepared breads and muffins for a busy bakery by mixing ingredients, kneading dough, setting up to rise, and baking according to the recipe.
- Maintained a clean workspace by wiping up spills, sweeping up dry ingredients, and sanitizing all surfaces regularly.
- Changed the store’s cake and cupcake recipes to allow for less product spoilage during the day, leading to a 35 percent lower food waste cost over time.
- Restocked dry ingredients supply when needed, such as parcels of flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and mixes.
- Decorated cakes and cupcakes using buttercream frosting and fondant icing for customized designs from the client.
My biggest hobby is volunteering with the colonial heritage society in New York City. I am their resident historical baker. I conduct research on old styles of cooking from the 18th century and recreate recipes with today’s ingredients. Sometimes, we host tasting events and invite the community to see how the colonists ate long ago.