If you’re on the hunt for a job as a gym receptionist, the first thing you need to do is ensure that you have a top-notch resume. As a gym receptionist, you’ll have a variety of responsibilities that may include scheduling classes, running the cash register, or giving tours of the facility. Carefully reviewing the job description will help you to tailor your resume to the job you’re after.
One of the primary responsibilities of any receptionist is to warmly greet everyone who comes through the door and cheerfully handle any customer service issues that may arise, so your resume summary should emphasize your people skills. Since you’re applying for a job in a gym, you should also use the summary to highlight your passion for health and fitness. Make sure to list your past experience in customer-facing positions, particularly in companies with a connection to sports, fitness, or health.
Have a look at our gym receptionist resume template for more inspiration.
Gym Receptionist Resume Questions
When the majority of your role is about interacting with people, you want to showcase your stellar talents in relationship-building and customer service. Use your resume’s professional summary to spotlight your positive attitude and excellent ability to build a rapport with customers. Show how your solutions-oriented mindset helped you solve customer problems in the achievements section of your work history.
Break down how your soft skills help you do your everyday job, then describe the excellent results you attained. If you need inspiration or a few examples, why not check out our gym receptionist resume sample?
While you don’t want to get overly fancy when too many colors or stylized resume fonts can distract or create errors, you still have room to use a more creative format with your resume. Creative formats use accents of color and a few stylized formatting tricks to create a softer, more friendly-looking resume that’s perfect for the active, energetic atmosphere of the sports and gymnasium sector.
Don’t forget to keep your resume format consistent. For a few ideas on how to create a stellar resume, give our step-by-step resume builder a shot.
As a gym receptionist, you may provide one-on-one customer service but you’re most definitely part of a team. Use your resume to show how you go above and beyond in helping your co-workers, whether you take on extra shifts or mentor junior personnel. When you can note outstanding results such as performance improvements based on your training, include them in your accomplishments. Keep your achievements bullet-based such as in our gym receptionist resume sample.
You can also showcase how you stepped in to help team members solve problems. If a co-worker struggled to help a customer but you were able to provide the assistance needed, that’s a great example of being a team player.
When it comes to breaking down your skills, it’s more about quality than quantity. You want to optimize your skills to pass applicant tracking systems’ algorithms for your target jobs, which means narrowing down your skill list to a short selection of highly specialized key phrases. Usually you don’t need any more than five to seven skills, adjusted based on your target job. If you have room for more you may include a few extras, but don’t go overboard with keyword stuffing.
As demonstrated in our gym receptionist resume sample, achievements are the backbone of any great resume. Each of your job descriptions should have at least a few, but ideally half your job bullets should focus on moments when you positively impacted the bottom line.
Think of instances where you were able to turn an unhappy customer into a loyal return customer or moments where your friendly attitude improved the customer experience. Focus on the outcomes, and describe these in your achievement bullets using vibrant, action-driven language.
123 Fake Street
City, State, Zip Code
Customer focused Gym Receptionist possesses extensive background in sports, fitness and recreation. Comprehensive experience in fitness training, exercise, health and nutrition. Adept at multitasking in high volume fitness center environment, including maintaining a comprehensive programming a training schedule for facility.
- Diligent organizer
- Effective customer service
- Health and fitness enthusiast
- Talented communicator
- Enthusiastic team player
- Proactive and creative
June 2010 to October 2011
Company Name—City, State
- Oversaw all reception activities at large, urban fitness center and spa.
- Conducted prospective member consults and presentations.
- Increased fitness center membership by 14% in one year.
- Coordinated class and instruction schedules at fitness center and spa.
October 2011 to January 2014
Company Name—City, State
- Responsible for all aspects of receiving members and guests at urban gym, including coordinating personal training and class schedules.
- Oversaw new member recruitment efforts and all visiting guest relations.
- Conducted all new member orientation, including facility tours and personalized fitness plan development.
- Supervised support staff of seven individuals in aid of fitness team and trainers.
March 2014 to Present
Company Name—City, State
- Managed gym reception team consisting of four employees.
- Supervised all member and guest reception interactions, including scheduling classes and trainers.
- Provided comprehensive orientation to new fitness center members, including essential instruction on equipment.
- Developed written materials for prospective and new fitness center members as well as a companion video presentation.
2009 University of New York, City, State
Bachelor of Science, Recreational Administration
More Resume Examples for the Next Step in Your Administrative Resume Career
- Accounts Administrator Resume
- Administrative Assistant Resume
- Assistant Front Office Manager Resume
- Administrative Assistant Manager Resume
- Auto Title Clerk Resume
- Bilingual Receptionist Resume
- City Clerk Resume
- Administrative Coordinator Resume
- Data Entry Clerk Resume
- Document Controller Resume
- Document Specialist Resume
- Excel Professional Resume
- Executive Assistant Resume
- Facilities Manager Resume
- Administrative Front Desk Clerk Resume
- Front Office Assistant Resume
- Medical Billing And Coding Specialist Resume
- Medical Billing Professional Resume
- Medical Office Assistant Resume
- Medical Receptionist Resume
- Non Profit Administrative Assistant Resume
- Office Assistant Resume
- Office Manager Resume
- Administrative Officer Resume
- Personal Assistant Resume
- Procurement Analyst Resume
- Procurement Specialist Resume
- Receptionist Resume
- Secretary Resume
- Store Assistant Resume
More Cover letter Examples for the Next Step in Your Administrative Cover letter Career
- Administrative Assistant Cover Letter
- Clerical Assistant Cover Letter
- Data Entry Clerk Cover Letter
- Data Entry Specialist Cover Letter
- Executive Assistant Cover Letter
- Office Administrator Cover Letter
- Office Assistant Cover Letter
- Office Clerk Cover Letter
- Office Manager Cover Letter
- Personal Assistant Cover Letter
- Practice Manager Cover Letter
- President Cover Letter
- Receptionist Cover Letter
- Store Administrative Assistant Cover Letter