Obtaining a job as a front desk clerk can be a rewarding career choice, but first you need to land an interview. A polished resume tailored to what employers want is vital for making a good first impression. Your resume is a reflection of your brand and who you are as a person. This is your first opportunity to call attention to the skills and experience that set you apart. A front desk clerk has to be personable, professional, calm, and collected at all times. Experience in dealing with difficult situations is a must. Highlight these qualities on your front desk clerk resume to make it easy for hiring managers to find. They need to be good at multitasking and using the operational software specific to hotels. Best practices for writing a front desk clerk resume include quickly providing your qualifications and foregrounding your experience in the industry. Take a look at our front desk clerk resume examples and use them to guide you in creating your own.
Cheers to you for studying the Front Desk Clerk resume sample! See our Front Desk Clerk cover letter sample to finish your application.
Front Desk Clerk Resume Questions
1. How do you describe computer skills on your front desk clerk resume?
A front desk clerk often needs to have an understanding of computer programs and databases to qualify for an open position. If you possess skills in Microsoft Office, administrative databases, and record-keeping programs, emphasize these proficiencies in your document.
Your qualifications section is a great section to illuminate such skills, as our front desk clerk resume sample exemplifies. Use short phrases to identify your computer skills, such as “MS Office expert.” Provide additional information about your use of these skills in your work experience section.
2. What does a good front desk clerk resume look like?
A good front desk clerk resume includes a professional summary, core qualifications, experience, and education section. It uses bold resume fonts, bullet points, and other formatting tools to make the document readable. It includes plenty of white space and, if appropriate, dashes of color to stand out as an attractive resume.
Most importantly, a good front desk clerk resume lists a jobseeker’s top relevant skills, career experience, accomplishments, and education. This presents prospective employers with a compelling argument for the applicant’s candidacy for the job.
3. How do you make a front desk clerk resume for a first job?
If you are trying to land your first job, take a look at our front desk clerk resume sample to better understand what skills relate to such a position. Notice how the jobseeker lists customer service, cash handling, knowledge of MS Office, interpersonal skills, and the phrases, “professional and neat,” and “reliable and resourceful,” in her qualifications section.
You can list these skills even if you do not have official experience. Use your resume to discuss how unofficial jobs, schoolwork, sports teams, and volunteer work helped you develop these hard and soft skills.
4. How many bullet points do you include with each job in a front desk clerk resume?
5. How do you write an objective statement for a front desk clerk resume?
Today, most resumes contain summary statements instead of resume objective. As you can see in our front desk clerk resume sample, a summary uses a few sentences to communicate to employers how your top qualifications may benefit their company if they hire you. Opt for an objective statement only if you have no work experience or are changing industries. In it, state your goals to succeed as a front desk clerk and identify pertinent credentials.
Our resume builder offers industry-specific text examples to assist you as you write this section and your qualifications, experience, and education sections. All you have to do is follow a few simple steps to create a customized resume you can send to hiring managers with confidence.
Now that you’re a pro at writing Front Desk Clerk resumes, use our Front Desk Clerk cover letter sample to make an equally excellent cover letter for your job search.
123 Fake Street
City, State, Zip Code
Front Desk Clerk with extensive knowledge of customer service and office management. Adept at resolving guest conflict, with strong communication skills, both oral and written. Highly organized and detail-oriented, consistently receiving praise from supervisors.
- Superior customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong office management knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Emphasis on communication with coworkers, supervisors and guests
- Proficient math skills
- Good time management
- Committed to attendance and promptness
- Enjoys fast paced environment
- Customer service award recipient
March 2012 – January 2014 Company Name <- City, State Front Desk Clerk
- Assisted guests with check
- in, answered questions and provided assistance.
- Received customer service awards multiple times.
- Consistently received customer and supervisor praise.
- Contributed to office management such as reconciling nightly receipts, answering telephones and handling cash.
January 2011 – March 2012 Company Name – City, State Front Desk Clerk
- Helped guests with check
- in and answering questions.
- Handled hundreds of dollars in cash, reconciled cash drawer at the end of shift.
- Provided directions and other assistance to guests as needed.
- Answered phones, took reservations and other office management duties.
2010 Company Name, City, State Associate of Arts, Hotel and Hospitality Management
More Resume Examples for the Next Step in Your Administrative Resume Career
- Accounts Administrator Resume
- Administrative Assistant Resume
- Assistant Front Office Manager Resume
- Administrative Assistant Manager Resume
- Auto Title Clerk Resume
- Bilingual Receptionist Resume
- City Clerk Resume
- Administrative Coordinator Resume
- Data Entry Clerk Resume
- Document Controller Resume
- Document Specialist Resume
- Excel Professional Resume
- Executive Assistant Resume
- Facilities Manager Resume
- Front Office Assistant Resume
- Gym Receptionist Resume
- Medical Billing And Coding Specialist Resume
- Medical Billing Professional Resume
- Medical Office Assistant Resume
- Medical Receptionist Resume
- Non Profit Administrative Assistant Resume
- Office Assistant Resume
- Office Manager Resume
- Administrative Officer Resume
- Personal Assistant Resume
- Procurement Analyst Resume
- Procurement Specialist Resume
- Receptionist Resume
- Secretary Resume
- Store Assistant Resume
More Cover letter Examples for the Next Step in Your Administrative Cover letter Career
- Administrative Assistant Cover Letter
- Clerical Assistant Cover Letter
- Data Entry Clerk Cover Letter
- Data Entry Specialist Cover Letter
- Executive Assistant Cover Letter
- Office Administrator Cover Letter
- Office Assistant Cover Letter
- Office Clerk Cover Letter
- Office Manager Cover Letter
- Personal Assistant Cover Letter
- Practice Manager Cover Letter
- President Cover Letter
- Receptionist Cover Letter
- Store Administrative Assistant Cover Letter