Our customers have been hired at:*Foot Note
Jobs in the administrative sector comprise a variety of positions in retail, management, hospitality and academic institutions. Some administrators work from a desk in an office environment, while others work in a variety of places. Personal assistants, for example, often work in their client’s homes.
No matter your administrative specialty or career level, we can help you write a resume to beat the competition and get a great administrative job.
We’ll help you build the perfect administrative resume or CV and create an effective administrative cover letter to accompany it. Plus, we offer some great administrative industry resume examples, CV examples and cover letter examples to get you started.
Table of Contents
Resume examples for top administrative jobs
More administrative resumes by job title
- Administrative Officer Resume
- Excel Professional Resume
- Executive Assistant Resume
- Facilities Manager Resume
- Front Office Assistant Resume
- Gym Receptionist Resume
- Medical Billing And Coding Specialist Resume
- Medical Billing Professional Resume
- Medical Office Assistant Resume
- Medical Receptionist Resume
- Non Profit Administrative Assistant Resume
- Office Assistant Resume
- Office Manager Resume
- Personal Assistant Resume
- Procurement Analyst Resume
- Procurement Specialist Resume
- Receptionist Resume
- Secretary Resume
- Store Assistant Resume
Cover letter examples for top administrative jobs
- Administrative Assistant Cover Letter
- Clerical Assistant Cover Letter
- Data Entry Clerk Cover Letter
- Data Entry Specialist Cover Letter
- Executive Assistant Cover Letter
- Office Administrator Cover Letter
- Office Assistant Cover Letter
- Office Clerk Cover Letter
- Office Manager Cover Letter
- Personal Assistant Cover Letter
- Practice Manager Cover Letter
- President Cover Letter
- Receptionist Cover Letter
- Store Administrative Assistant Cover Letter
Our customer reviews say it best
Our resume builder makes it easy to craft an impressive, ATS-friendly resume in just minutes.
- Free professionally designed templates.
- Expert suggestions for every section of your resume.
- Start a resume from scratch or edit your existing resume.
Administrative resume FAQ
1. What skills should you consider for an administrative resume?
- Customer service
- Time management
- Detail orientation
2. What’s the ideal resume format for an administrative resume?
There are three standard resume formats. The one you choose should depend on your level of work experience and career goals.
- Functional format: Entry-level applicants will benefit from this format. The layout focuses on skills, allowing you to showcase everythingyou can do.
- Combination format: This format puts the skills and work experience on equal footing. It is a great option if you have a few years of professional experience.
- Chronological format: Ideal for seasoned professionals with many years of experience, this format showcases expertise through a detailed work history section.
3. What are the qualities and traits that employers look for in this field?
The top skills employers want to see in an administrative resume include:
- Time management.
- Customer service.
- Attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
4. What certifications and training are beneficial for administrative jobs?
Certification and training for administrative work vary, depending on the job title. Top certifications include:
Nationally Certified Medical Office Assistant
Administrative Assistant Certification
Certified Administrative Professional
Fundamental Payroll Certification