As a winning salesperson, you understand the value of an appealing resume. Only motivated, goal-oriented charmers need apply for the automotive general sales manager position you’re driving toward. So, don’t put the car it park. Put it in gear.
Sales managers are dedicated and driven. Spotlight those qualities in your resume summary before moving toward the accolades you’ve achieved in sales as well as your effective and creative marketing skills. Are you a motivator? You’ll have to assemble a winning automotive sales team. Show you are a team leader while highlighting your work experience and education.
Baby you can drive that car and you can sell it too. Don’t get caught in traffic writing your resume. Cruise through our automotive general sales manager resume templates and hit the open road.
Automotive General Sales Manager Resume Questions
As our automotive general sales manager resume sample shows, your experience section should include the official title of each previous position as well as the name and location of the company. It is a great idea to use bullet points to help make this large part of your document easier to read.
For each position you list, include a few descriptions of responsibilities, duties, and achievements. Write about hiring, supervising, and training employees; maintaining high sales; and providing great customer service.
While you can state in your qualifications section that you have team experience, hiring managers usually prefer to see examples that prove it. If you look at our sample, you will see a number of descriptions that showcase the jobseeker’s teamwork skills.
He states that he collaborated with another manager to develop successful programs and worked with the finance manager to create a network of lenders. Include similar illustrations to demonstrate that you work well in a team.
Our automotive general sales manager resume sample provides a great example of how to describe achievements. The applicant mentions that he developed a sales staff that produced one of the highest revenues in the area. He also states that he executed programs that boosted sales by 27% and developed policies to decrease turnover by 20%.
Use metrics to paint a clear picture of your accomplishments. Indicate the skills you used or actions you took to achieve these results, and show how your achievements led to the company’s success as well.
List your schools in your education section. This part of your document should be concise, so do not give too many details about each institution. The name and location of the school is sufficient information. Include these particulars after the official title of the degree.
If you attended multiple colleges to receive one degree, list the school from which you graduated. Mention your high school diploma only if you did not attend college.
Use a format similar to that of our automotive general sales manager resume sample. Introduce yourself with a professional summary that gives readers a snapshot of your top credentials. Place your qualifications section next, followed by your work experience. Finish with an education section.
It is difficult enough to decide what to include and exclude in your resume without figuring out how to format each part. That’s why we offer a step-by-step resume builder. Use this tool to simplify both the writing and formatting processes so you create a knockout resume that helps you land your next job.
123 Fake Street
City, State, Zip Code
Dedicated Automotive General Sales Manager who has high levels of drive and dedication. Adept at motivating and training sales personnel, exceeding all sales goals and implementing effective sales floor marketing plans. Specializes in luxury and classic cars.
- Maintained a reputation for having the highest sales revenue average in the region
- Always maintains a high level of professionalism
- Is always on the job and always marketing cars
- Strong marketing skills
- Exceptional computer and Internet abilities
- Excellent group communication and presentation skills
September 2011 to February 2015 Silver Auto Sales – City, State Automotive General Sales Manager
- Took the lead in implementing training programs that helped to increase sales by 27 percent.
- Started a campaign to improve working conditions to the point that turnover dropped by 40 percent.
- Assisted in developing effective marketing plans that brought in large crowds for each promotion.
April 2005 to September 2011 Company Name – City, State Automotive General Sales Manager
- Collaborated with service manager to develop several customer programs that became extremely successful.
- Responsible for managing a sales staff that brought in the highest annual revenue in the history of the company.
- Worked side-by-side with the finance manager to develop the most comprehensive network of lenders in the area.
June 1997 to April 2005 Your Luxury Car – City, State Automotive General Sales Manager
- Responsible for hiring and developing a sales staff that was recognized as one of the biggest revenue-producing staffs in the region.
- Took part in the development of employee policies that lowered turnover by 20 percent.
1997 State College, City, State Bachelor of Science, Sales Management